kkeeble

Why do I feel guilty that this price is to high

Pricing out decals for a ford 350..

Front door have a 24x14 decal (horse jumping over barrels) easy weeding.. 2" lettering near the top of the side bed rail (2" x 55") Lettering on the tail gate with 60" x 14" with logo on each side

$390 installed all oracal 651

where would you be

post-88414-0-26740100-1433168530_thumb.j

post-88414-0-80538700-1433206703_thumb.j

post-88414-0-72581600-1433207010_thumb.j

• Like 1

Probably because you are not considering your design time.

weeding, vinyl prep and install time & labor.

Not to mention your skill and equipment costs.

Sue2

• Like 1

Prices may vary by area. I would get that done in one color like you show for about $150 to $200 around here and I never sell vehicle graphics in calendared vinyl although 651 is probably the best calendared available if you choose to go that route. The $200 would be for 751. You might have $25 in materials if it took half a roil which if you are cutting on 24" it looks like about 3 yards to me. The rest if just the cut and prep and install should go in an hour. 

• Like 2

I would be happy at 250-300. But thats just me .I have my own reasons for my the prices i offer..I usually pay attention the expression on thier face when i give a quote, i normally will have 2 prices i work up.I would hate to lose a job and sometimes i do but, i always have a back up cost that i feel good about as well.Even tho your price might be where it should be to cover all your costs etc for your work and so on,But knowing this sale could bring you more down the road also is what i keep in mind.Just my own thoughts... looks good tho..

I would go with 751 due to the vinyl will always be in the sun.

• Like 1

If they think the price is to high then i might offer a bartering some lessons since my daughter is alread riding there until the end of summer.. I also quoted some t shirts with their logo on the back for a camp she is having in the summer.. again might do the bater think with them.....

• Like 2

Bartering is always good. I usually do a price check once in a while with a competitor. Like have your brother-in-law get a few quotes for something so you can judge that you aren't too high or low. 

• Like 1

I have ball park pricing per square inch for RTA vinyl and another price per square in for decal plus install....

• Like 1

It is on a Ford  DOUBLE your price. LOL  I do $7.00 a foot so this would be about $180.00. Less if they remember to bring me a Monster or two. Barter is always good. As for them getting more stuff in the future is all good but i have found people say that to get a good deal then you never see them again. I tell them if you come back you will get a discount on your next order.

I got 25# box of coffee once for doing a glass door, lol. Sometimes barter is the better deal if it costs them less to give you an ARV of more than you are looking for :P

• Like 2

Be two bills, using 951. You want to use at least 751, give your customer a quality product for their money.

Was the period after the M being left off intentional?

$275 in NE Arkansas, more if I had to go to them.

Was the period after the M being left off intentional?

I noticed that too. I thought it should be J.L.M. - but what do I know. :huh:

There's also an extra "s" in Equestrian on the tailgate...

Esquestrian?

What if you mirrored the horse design on the tailgate so that they are either both facing in or facing out?

Well since everyone else is voicing their opinion......

I think you made bank on that job.

But the JLM on the door looks off center. I know from the J to the last period it is center but that is not what the eye picks up. I would have built it with the L at top center and equally spaced the J & M on either side. I would have also tucked the periods in closer to the letters.

Oh and your ~'s on the box side are not all evenly spaced.

I think you made bank on that job.

I don't think it's been done yet, just Photoshopped onto the truck. I may be wrong. It's happened before.

you are correct.. this is just photo shopped onto the truck. There are a few things that need to be fixed before the final cut..

Ive tried to do what express2100 recommended with the J.L.M... i just cant get it to look right.. still look weird