Sign in to follow this  
cummins2012

registration marks

I went to that screen, went to the printer type and selected my US Cutter clicked ok, then clicked Print & Cut. The cutter went around to all the registration marks the cut the decal but didn't cut the registration marks.    :huh:??:huh:???

what exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Are you trying to cut and layer different colors of cut vinyl?   Because PRINT/CUT has nothing to do with that..

Just create the marks yourself, at least 2, at the top of the design. Use shapes from the scalp library. Asterisks or addition symbols work fine. Make them a different color than the colors in the graphic. When you go to the cut screen, select a color + the registration mark color, then hit cut. Repeat for each color in the design.

I attached some pics to give you a better idea...

post-86481-0-27718200-1428197221_thumb.j

post-86481-0-12015900-1428197222_thumb.j

• Like 3

Yes I am trying to cut different colors of vinyl, for multi color decals. I have been just making my own registration marks but ill get them perfect match up with one another but the decal will be off when the colors go together.

Just create the marks yourself, at least 2, at the top of the design. Use shapes from the scalp library. Asterisks or addition symbols work fine. Make them a different color than the colors in the graphic. When you go to the cut screen, select a color + the registration mark color, then hit cut. Repeat for each color in the design.

I attached some pics to give you a better idea...

How did you get the lettering to outline in a different color for layering?  I can get it on the screen from the fill and stroke menu but in the cut menu none of the other colors show up.

Yes I am trying to cut different colors of vinyl, for multi color decals. I have been just making my own registration marks but ill get them perfect match up with one another but the decal will be off when the colors go together.

I don't know what cutter you are running but you could be suffering from the accuracy of a budget cutter. I fought that with my old cutter off and on and it's a tough thing to compensate for. One of the nice pay-offs of a servo machine. Have you tried using a piece of parchment paper in between the layers so you can position it before they touch? Works pretty good. Just flip your top layer over and pull off the backing and lay a piece of parchment on (like you use to bake cookies) flip it back over with the parchment taking the place of your carrier and you can see through it pretty well to line things up. With a little practice getting the parchment near the edge of your app tape you can tape the top layer into place with a hinge then lift it up and easily slide the parchment out and lay your top layer back down in place.