Primal Decals

Image cutting smaller than i created ?

I created a Text in scalp3 and when i create my text for example 50" long and make it 6"H and i made sure its not scaled so it will be what i want> when i send to cutter the font is beig cut actually smaller? I cannot figure this out why its doing it and there has been no issues at all when ive done large text cuts before... I havent changed anything that ive done before..I have a bunch of jobs to do and it just wont work normal...Please help if you can..No settings etc have been changed in the software or cutter titan2,its been working perfect till today..  Thank you

Don't use the text size in the text properties box. Make sure you draw a box around the text and go by the size indicated in the position and size properties box.

Donn

Thank you guys For your input. I figured it out And im to embarrased to say what it was lol...Sometimes i wonder how i even walk without falling over lol :huh::-X

Primal,

Most people on here won't judge you about overlooking something or a setting.

What did you find?

• Like 1

It wasnt really a matter of  overlooking something,but  if you must know lol :ph34r:  I wasnt paying attention that when i was designing the text in scalps,you see it as left to right.And when it was cutting it goes right to left. So when i made the text 6", i wasnt thinking that the 6"  was for the caps N,C,O,R letters ("Nor Cal Off Roaders")  only and i wasnt paying attention that the lower case font was 4" . So when it started cutting , the first letter i seen was lower case at 4" and i had 6" in my head and not realizing the first letter cut was the last lol , So everytime i seen the dang 4" letter being cut, and not the 6" i would cancel the process and redo the whole thing thinking i was doing something wrong. Im not going to say how many times i did this lol, but lets just say it wont happen again. I had the biggest Blonde Moment in my life . Im so glad this was my free roll i got from 3m.. One of joys for beeing a newbie still.. Today you can have a laugh on me guys.. Enjoy your day and thanks .Primal ;D     

• Like 1

Remember, it also will do the same thing with lower case g's and y's, anything that hangs down as well.

Donn

• Like 1

one thing you can be sure of is there will be more learning experience down the road - and now and then a reminder of one you did before

• Like 1

How much smaller is it? Doesn't Scalp have something like calibrate cutter?

SCALP 3 or 4 does have a cutter resolution adjustment. (Cut w/Cutter tab, then settings tab) I was over cutting on 12" alignment marks to 12.39" (approx .033 per inch) and a little trial and error got it spot on.