Sign in to follow this  
Woodworkingace

How to darken cut file the same as preview mode

Im a newbie to scal 3(and vinyl in general), and am working my way through scal 3. My question is, when moving my images around on the cutting mat, is there a way to darken them like when I click on the preview mode? I do a lot of multiple piece layouts and it's difficult to nest them together and make sure that they aren't overlapping without clicking preview every time. I apologize if this has been asked before, I have searched the best I could and could find an answer.

Thanks, brian

thanks, but that isn't exactly what I had in mind. id like to change the normal view mode(which is a dull grey) to something bolder like when I click the preview button(bright red). ive added a few pics to hopefully show what im talking about.

thanks, brian

post-88120-0-73686200-1420161496_thumb.j

post-88120-0-31296800-1420161502_thumb.j

can that be done? I looked through all the menus, and didn't find a choice for that. do you know how?

thanks for the help, brian

Select your text (so it has the arrows around it)

(By the #1) Click on the color box and change the color of the stroke to what ever you would like then click ok

Another thing to try when you are arranging your objects to cut, remove the grid so the mat is completely white, seems a little less cluttered. (easier to see your objects)

Hope this helps

post-55333-0-06897200-1420755599_thumb.j

• Like 2

88x - thanks for that info.  I will use it myself.

For me, I use the grid all the time to layout my work though.

Cal

• Like 1

Cal,

What I meant was to remove the grid after you have everything placed, to make it easier to see that there isn't any overlapping. On a side note there is a way to change the grid layout in the view drop down, but every time I try to change it I get a warning that SCALP stopped working. I guess I just got use to removing the grid to check overlapping etc.