racert25

Which Software to get

I have my Graphtec Ce-6000-60. I have been using Graphtec Studio to cut and it works for simple things like pre made logos. 

I was using sign blazer with my last cutter and liked it for the easy use. 

I was wondering what you recommend for simple text designing with outlines or shadows. Or is there a way to import them from AI or Corel into Studio. I need to get a rhinestone software as well so maybe Sure cuts a lot is a good option.

Any ideas are appreciated. 

I have my Graphtec Ce-6000-60. I have been using Graphtec Studio to cut and it works for simple things like pre made logos. 

I was using sign blazer with my last cutter and liked it for the easy use. 

I was wondering what you recommend for simple text designing with outlines or shadows. Or is there a way to import them from AI or Corel into Studio. I need to get a rhinestone software as well so maybe Sure cuts a lot is a good option.

Any ideas are appreciated. 

if you have corel just download cutmaster3 from graphtec and cut directly from there - will be very similar to flexi for thousands less.  and if you already have corel or illy then you have the expensive part and only need to download the free part

I use SignBlazer with mine too. Go to the I/F tab on the cutter menu screen and change GPGL to HPGL. In SignBlazer, select the CoPam CP-2500 driver in the cutter selection menu.

• Like 1

I Just put Cutting Master 3 on my AI. Looks like it will work for me right now. I will also use Sign blazer like you said. 

• Like 1

I do not have Corel. I was thinking of getting it but wanted to see if i could work with AI.

You can certainly do them with AI but your previous statement "Simple" is not going to be used in the same sentence with AI. The program isn't really that tough but it takes a while to get the hang and a lot of people give up before they get to the goal line. Text itself is super easy. Just type it and convert it to outlines. When you start working with shadows is where you step off the easy train and have to start understanding the program to get the really cool looking stuff. There are a lot of "Vinyl only" shadows that I think could be easier and probably are in other programs. I see true block shadows and cast shadows in the menu for Flexi but I think it's in the higher end versions. You can do all those with 3D in AI but then have to expand it all and weld it together to get the look depending on what kind of shadow or block you are looking for. I love AI but I can also COMPLETELY understand when folks don't feel like messing with it. If you stick with AI there are several around the forum including myself who are more than willing to give you some help when you get stuck. There are some great posts in the AI section about some of the technical stuff and how to better understand the program. Once you get it then you look back and wonder why it seemed so hard but at first it can be daunting. 

I still jump back to signblazer on occasion to do drop shadows. It's easy and just looks better than most of the other ways I've used.