Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

14" MH cutter question

I was looking at UScutter on eBay in the description for the 14" MH cutter it says it has a dual position cutting carriage. Is this true I don't find mention of it on the uscutter site.

"

• Dual position carriage (front position for cut-through, rear position for standard vinyl). Roland compatible blade holder gives you access to the most economical blades available.

"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-14-USCutter-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-Desktop-Machine-SCAL-Pro-Software-/300881421655?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460dee2557

Nope, the one they sent me (brand new) has a single position for the blade holder.

I have an MH871 30" which has a two-position arm on the carriage, but I always thought the front position was for the pen holder.

One yes vote one no vote - Still clear as mud -

I wonder if the eBay model is different from the USCutter site model ?

One yes vote one no vote - Still clear as mud -

I wonder if the eBay model is different from the USCutter site model ?

Are you talking about where the blade holder goes..

I think one is for the PEN and one is for the BLADE!

I have 2  MH 721's   just my 2 cents!

Are you talking about where the blade holder goes..

I think one is for the PEN and one is for the BLADE!

I have 2  MH 721's   just my 2 cents!

The eBay listing says the second holder is for cut through. No mention of this on the USCutter site.

I already have two other machines I am looking for something I can dedicate to cut paper / cardstock without using a carrier sheet.

When i bought my MH it came with a carriage with only one slot for a blade.   I beleive this is the newer style carriage. 

When the blade holder arm broke they sent me a new older style carriage with 2 slots for the blade.  

I never read anything about it being able to cut through.  

if you don't trust your own eyes..call them and ask.

Yeah didn't want to go that route as users are usually better at giving accurate answers then a call center is. But since it appears there are different models of the same machine I will make the call.

this is what your trying to avoid??

Yes the dreaded carrier sheet.

Support got back with me it is does NOT have a dual cutting head. So the eBay listing is wrong.

My mom has a cricut and ever since i got this graphtec now i do all her cutting :( oh well  not her cricuts just sit and collect dust!