Moody Blue

2nd Truck Wrap Complete!

Wrapped another truck this weekend using Avery Matte Garnet Metallic. Here's a little photoshoot of the two trucks, the other one being Avery Matte Night Blue Metallic that I did last month. Also added some unique tattered flag decals to them in Matte Black.

post-84967-0-77918200-1414341380_thumb.j

post-84967-0-81652200-1414341397_thumb.j

post-84967-0-65416300-1414341409_thumb.j

post-84967-0-24259500-1414341422_thumb.j

post-84967-0-78339800-1414341432_thumb.j

post-84967-0-75726100-1414341439_thumb.j

post-84967-0-80378600-1414341718_thumb.j

• Like 6

Looks great. How does it hold up to real off roading? I see the hi lift jack in the back of the blue one and figured they might actually hit the trails.

Looks great. How does it hold up to real off roading? I see the hi lift jack in the back of the blue one and figured they might actually hit the trails.

Thanks! So far so good on the blue one. He does mostly faster open trails as opposed to tight limb scraping and rock crawling type trails so I'm not too worried about the wrap getting messed up unless he takes a nasty rollover or something...and let's hope that doesn't happen lol.

Nice work, how long does it take you to do one?

Cal

Amazing work.  I like the fact that you can completely change the color of the truck without paiting it. 

Out of curiosity, how hard is it to remove the wrap?

Nice work, how long does it take you to do one?

Cal

Took around 16 hrs to do these. Lots of little detail that has to be accounted for when doing a full wrap.

Amazing work.  I like the fact that you can completely change the color of the truck without paiting it. 

Out of curiosity, how hard is it to remove the wrap?

Gotta put a little elbow grease into it but the wrap material doesn't leave residue and will protect the paint back to how it was before the wrap was installed.

• Like 1

I too do full wraps. There is nothing more satisfying seeing a vehicle change colors right before your eyes. That decaying flag is awesome. If you dont mind do you have a download of the image you can send? 

Both trucks look awesome. I made the switch from using mostly 3m to Avery a few months ago and have never looked back, its so easy to work with.

Thanks yeah I prefer the Avery as well much easier than the 3M. Have you tried the Oracal wraps yet? Im curious to how easy those are they have some colors I would like to try. 

I used oracal but only on smaller trim and dash pieces, it is easy to work with not to thick and not to thin. I would really like to try some Hexis again. I tried it when I first started getting into wrapping and it did not go so well. But they have some amazing colors and patterns I would like to use.

• Like 1

Thanks Chuckle monkey I have had a lot of positive feedback on that graphic!

Busted out the knifeless tape last weekend and did this cool hood accent with 3m matte black.

post-84967-0-16429300-1415465361_thumb.j

post-84967-0-69191800-1415465374_thumb.j

post-84967-0-49608700-1415465389_thumb.j

• Like 1

Knifeless tape is one of my favorite tools ever made. I use it half the time I really dont need to just because of how cool it is.

• Like 1

Nice work  Moody,...Ive been given a chance to attempt a bumper wrap on a 2006 dodge ram 4x4.Im not sure what the install process is or is this a difficult thing to get into,And what is knifeless tape?Any ideas would be great from anyone as well..Thank you all

Thanks Pippin! My advice for wraps is take it slow and don't "overstretch" the vinyl. Using heat will help it mold around tricky surfaces too. heres a little video of knifeless tape in action.

• Like 1

You shouldn't need to use knifeless tape doing a bumper. It is mostly used for designs and cutting vinyl in places you do not want to use a razor blade. And just like Moody said, take your time and dont overstretch. 

Moody,

Did you create that flag or is did you find it online?   I want to put something like that on my truck.

Thanks

Moody,

Did you create that flag or is did you find it online?   I want to put something like that on my truck.

Thanks

Yes that is one that I created. 

I dont know if it's PC but is there a possibility you can post the file.  I really want to put that on my truck.  If not I understand.   

Thanks

I dont know if it's PC but is there a possibility you can post the file.  I really want to put that on my truck.  If not I understand.   

Thanks

PM me