Sign in to follow this  
tooler82

Advice To Grow Business

So the State Maintenance Officer is coming down to our shop and we have to do a presentation on the our Sign Shop for him. What kind of equipment is needed to grow our capabilities and such. We have a Mimaki CJV30-130 and a rotary engraver. Now mind you, we're military so I doubt they'll go for Sublimation and T-shirts and such, but what else would be a good idea to get to try to grow our capabilities? A reliable cutter? If so, what's a good one when money doesn't matter too much? Any other things to let us grow?

No but when I told the Captain about that he said that won't expand our business, but we can buy one.

We have a CNC Plasma, milling machine, and lathe on the list for our machine shop to upgrade to.

Does anybody know a good brand Laser Engraver? We have a Vision 1624 Rotary, but they said they don't manufacture laser engravers.

Rolls Roller. SUMMA 4 x 8, flatbed cutter, since $$ is no object. We like seeing our tax dollars, going for cool shit.

• Like 3

Looking at a flatbed cutter for $20,000, plus the prices of all the other stuff, I don't know if they'll go for all of that. That Rolls Roller is exactly what I've been looking for though.

Check out a Epilog Laser , they also have forums on Facebook , i was looking at getting one soon but had some things come up

post-88381-0-71293900-1413163886_thumb.j

post-88381-0-44979800-1413163898_thumb.j

• Like 2

after reading this for a week - it finally hit me - what "business" is a govt agency growing?   or just looking to spend more tax payers money on toys - what is the business you speak of?  can the govt agency save enough by buying the equipment and letting the people learn to use it without proper training (per the early post) or would the money be better spent purchasing necessary signage from a private company as needed, instead of trying to find sticker jobs for brass to justify the expense.   

grumpy out

• Like 5

I would suggest do it right and insist on a laminator before anything else. It will expand your shop in way more ways than just putting on lam. In all truth you are doing it wrong if you do not have one.