Sign in to follow this  
101LEDs

Item's to order/acquire/have before Tshirt Press arrives?

Here is what I think should be on my list from searching. Anything missing or should be changed for the 1st timer? Lower cost substitutes?

Siser Easyweed ~ a few Basic colors

Parchment paper 

Teflon sheet  (bigger than platen so magnets can secure it)

Lint free cloth for cleaning platens/teflon sheet.

Pillow/mouse pads for around seams/buttons/zippers etc.

Dedicated press area

Normal weeding tools

Have your designs ready to cut while waiting

Tshirts    (picked some up at Wmart on clearance)

Sticky note that reminds you to Mirror Mirror Mirror! By the computer.

Spouse to weed for you since it was their idea to buy a press sooner than planned.

• Like 1

Sounds about right. You'll develop a few things of your own as you go. They are a lot of fun. Might want a decent quality infrared thermometer to check the temperature. If you are buying a big name machine it probably isn't necessary, otherwise I wouldn't trust the chinese grasp of temperature.

• Like 1

Yes, IR thermometers are in my normal tool box.  Decided to pick up a lightly used Stahls Mighty press instead of gambling with a lower price unbranded one. 

• Like 1

I keep a couple of those cheap lint rollers nearby for removing any loose threads or fuzzies off of the shirts before pressing.  It's a habit I got in to when I started doing sublimation pressing and now I do it for everything.

You can pick up parchment paper at Dollar Tree, works just as good as the more expensive stuff.  You can also use plain butchers paper, the backing off vinyl or laminate materials, and if your local newspaper sells "end rolls" of unprinted paper, all of those work equally well.

• Like 1

I keep a couple of those cheap lint rollers nearby for removing any loose threads or fuzzies off of the shirts before pressing.  It's a habit I got in to when I started doing sublimation pressing and now I do it for everything.

You can pick up parchment paper at Dollar Tree, works just as good as the more expensive stuff.  You can also use plain butchers paper, the backing off vinyl or laminate materials, and if your local newspaper sells "end rolls" of unprinted paper, all of those work equally well.

I like the lint roller idea and we have several local Dollar Tree's. Which side would go towards the shirt if using backing?

I like the lint roller idea and we have several local Dollar Tree's. Which side would go towards the shirt if using backing?

I use the shiny, non-printed side of the backing.  I bought three large rolls from Dakotagrfx and I'm still using them a year later...

Sticky on keyboard reminding you to read the mirror sticky

Another sticky note on the CUTTER to again remind you to mirror the image/art for HTV.

Sue2

• Like 2