Sign in to follow this  

If I am wrong, please forgive me, but I believe Chromablast, and Sublimation is about the same thing, or close, isn't it? Anyway, I have two Ricoh printers, one set up for Sub, the other set up for Chromablast. They were in an office, when I went away for a while (no NOT jail!). The air conditioning was turned off, as well as the electricity. My question is, is there ANY way to clean the ink tubes out, or even replace them, or are the printers destroyed?

Any help, or advise any one could offer, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, in advance for your help, and info!

BTW, the temp was generally in excess of 90 degrees, and this has lasted for more than 45 days. I would guess that probably matters!

They are 2 diiferent inks for 2 different processes but I have no clue about cleaning them. I've never heard of 1 clogging before.

inks are different - chromoblast uses special paper that actually transfers material to the garment - sublimation the ink gasses and attaches to the poly substrate

So have you tested the printers to see if they're working?  It was hard to tell from your message.

I don't know anything about the Ricoh printers, except that they're expensive and not supposed to dry out and clog...

They don't dry out IF they are left powered on! Since the power was off if he was gone for a more than 2 weeks,they will be clogged!

The newest models are a little better,but do clog. You could try the cleaning kit from ebay.I think the 1/2 gallon size is about $40. It

would be worth that to try to save the printers. They claim it will work with sublimation ink.

when I bought my first ricoh conde had one they used for shows that was boxed 2 months in between.  the took it out, fired it up and printed perfectly.  now with that said i probably wasn't stored at over 90 degrees

Sorry, I fooled around and got busy!!! I do understand the difference between the two inks, in my opening statement, I was referring to the placement of the post, I should have been clearer!

OW Jones, I tried to get the printer to clean, but since the ink was dried up, it wouldn't do anything! 'Magine that! I was hoping to maybe do something to perhaps ensure it worked, before opening that high dollar ink! But, oh well, here goes $275.00 or so, in ink!! Hope for the best, but expect the worse!

Thanks everyone for the input! Have a wonderful week!

Sorry, I fooled around and got busy!!! I do understand the difference between the two inks, in my opening statement, I was referring to the placement of the post, I should have been clearer!

OW Jones, I tried to get the printer to clean, but since the ink was dried up, it wouldn't do anything! 'Magine that! I was hoping to maybe do something to perhaps ensure it worked, before opening that high dollar ink! But, oh well, here goes $275.00 or so, in ink!! Hope for the best, but expect the worse!

Thanks everyone for the input! Have a wonderful week!

Good luck!

I have a Ricoh GX e7700N with Chromablast ink.  I just received a message that my ink collector is full.  It doesn't look like I can open and reuse.  I have checked several sites and none of them show this as a part to purchase or to even crack open to empty and reuse.  Has any one else run across this and if so what did you do?  Thank you in advance.  Debbie

I have a Ricoh GX e7700N with Chromablast ink.  I just received a message that my ink collector is full.  It doesn't look like I can open and reuse.  I have checked several sites and none of them show this as a part to purchase or to even crack open to empty and reuse.  Has any one else run across this and if so what did you do?  Thank you in advance.  Debbie

actually on the gx7000 I have opened the ink collection tank and removed the saturated sponge material - replaced it with other white abosorbant material (thinks to my daughters) as the sensor looks for that white to show it isn't full - then reassembled and kept going after resetting the message using a youtube instructions.

• Like 1

I already have a spare waiting to replace not worth my time and effort and my luck I would be wearing most of it.  I'll let my customers buy it for me...

• Like 1