DLPVinyl

Vinyl Weeding Issue

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here and so far I like it here. I recently bought a Graphtec 5000-600ce cutter and 25 different rolls of Oracal 651 Vinyl from a small business closing down. I run a small business and we are constantly buying decals so we hope to be able to make them ourselves. So far things have been great, I have followed all of the posts on how to properly set my blade height. My settings are as follows:

Offset: 0

Force: 12

Speed: 5

Acceleration: 1

We are using Cutting Master 3 and are having problems. When we weed the vinyl, it comes off super easy and seems to work great. The problem is we are getting little hairs on the decal almost like an outline on each edge. It is very hard to explain. I will try and get photos tonight.

Is it my image, or my machine? I have replaced the blade with a 45 degree blade one week ago.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Dan

Post a file for us to look at but it sounds like there are hairline outlines in the file being cut with the rest of it.

sounds like you have a double lines in your file. try typing a word and cut that out if it cuts without the lines then its your file.

did you trace the file. also in cm3 click on configure cut job and then advance. see if (convert strokes to outline is checked if so uncheck) then cut it and see if there gone.

Jaybird:

Here is a file I tried to cut last night. I saw it and liked it so I tried to cut it and it has little hairs everywhere.

Mz Skeeter:

The cutter is set to one pass.

djque:

I checked that setting and it is unchecked. I will try typing a word and see if that helps.

post-87799-0-48467800-1408655226_thumb.j

Does CutMaster have a "View Wireframe" option.

This should show you the cut lines.

From your description, you probably have both outlines

and fills that are being cut.

You need to get rid of the outlines.

Sue2

• Like 1

Some of your letters have 2 cut lines, solve that and it should be good. look at it close in wire frame and it will be clear.

Donn

here you go. look at the layers tab I left everything that had the extra lines off. so you can see next time. I just cut it so it should be perfect.

2nd Amendment.eps

Thank you so much. I really love this forum. Can someone direct me to where I can learn how to look at my files to see if their are extra lines and how to remove them. I am new to illustrator and really want to learn.

Thank you again,

Daniel

are you sure that your cutter is only making 1 pass and not cutting it 2 times.?..

This was your file you posted ,I know the problem was solved but I think it would have been cutting twice as Carolyn said ??

post-2057-0-33989500-1408727733_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Thank you everyone. I have taken everyone's advice and I think I have figured it out.

Thanks Again.

Daniel

• Like 1