KYSIGN

Yet another reason to avoid Feebay?

I just got an email from Feebay. They are making changes to the user agreements. This one really caught my eye.

"Money Back Guarantee. We updated this section to reflect changes in the Money Back Guarantee, specifically that sellers are responsible for return shipping costs if an item is not as described and that, if an eBay-generated return shipping label is used for return shipping on items not as described, we place the return shipping label cost on the seller's invoice."

Now we can pay return shipping on customer screw ups. All they have to do is claim item not as described. No more bay for me as a seller.

I had to go read it. Do you apply Hassle free returns to your sales ? I have a no return policy 

• Returns. We updated this section to clarify that if eBay hassle-free returns are applied to your listings, you authorize eBay to remove the refund amount from your PayPal account, place the amount on your invoice, and/or charge your payment method on file. By the 2015 holiday season, all eligible domestic returns on eBay will be eBay hassle-free returns and sellers may not remove hassle-free return settings from their listings. We updated this section also to reflect this future change.

I don't offer returns but that won't stop the item not as described returns AFAIK. Maybe I'm wrong.

I do not accept returns or exchanges...Never have....But buyers would really have to prove the item is not as described...Photos.If you sent Red, and they requested, Blue, that is your fault...If you sent the wrong size and decal design, that is your fault...All sellers should send the exact item as described...Now if the item got damaged in shipping, and you used USPS priority, as I do.  The item is covered with insurance by USPS...  Everyone who uses USPS Priority gets FREE insurance for the first $50.00,  TOP RATED sellers get $100.  If I have a parcel over $100.  I pay for the insurance myself.  And do signature confirmation on higher orders, so I know the package is handed to them, most of the time..  If a buyer is to get a damaged item,  the buyer is to open a claim, with USPS, as the package cannot be shipped again per USPS....The buyer must file a claim and show the post office the package to get their claim...If the post office sees that this is just a buyer who screwed this mess up,  they are not going to pay.  That would be fraud.    It would also be a huge problem if the item shows it was installed..  I always ask for  photos...It still amazes me in this digital world how they always claim they don't have a camera. LOL,, So I say  "well ship back the uninstalled decal"..  They never do.

If you don't call these buyers out on it and prove it,, they will take advantage...  It is pretty ez to screw up a decal. This is why I say in my instructions, it takes Skill and patience.

• Like 3

I have made my living mostly on ebay for 8 years. I have had ONE return out of thousands. Reason? The landlord wouldn't allow the guy to hang the banner. Not my fault but It was a banner I could resell so I paid the shipping, he returned it, and I ended up getting more business from him on things he could use.

The simple fact is, there is NO OTHER WAY to reach as many buyers for so low a price as ebay. I think I'll just stick with them.

• Like 4

We got that same notice weeks ago. When we think that there might be a problem with a buyer (pretty good at spotting them) we make a video showing the item working 100% with their shipping label and tracking # clearly visible. Along with their username on our packaging. We have not lost a case yet. Every time we get a fraudulent claim they are reported with evidence and blocked.

99% of our customers are problem free, it's that 1% that ruins it for everyone.

Just a quick read and it sounds like no problem if you do not offer a refund. I have somewhere around 5000 sales and have been real happy. A month or so ago I sold a seized Harley for four grand in four hours. It cost me a 160.00 .. well worth every penny.... 

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear some of you have success online with them. I wish I could make it work for me.

I have been selling various items online for over 15 years, we rarely have had issues from the big auction site but in the last few weeks we have had a plethora here are a few... I may write a book someday:

1) It won't stick it looks like it's cut backwards. - Did you possibly remove the transfer tape and not the backing and or is the application site clean ? it just won't stick it has to be made backwards - Please send me a photo - It won't allow me to post a photo - right next to the send message button there is an attach photo button - I don't have a camera - Me please send it back for a replacement - Never to be heard from again ( so far )

2) This is the wrong color of yellow I want a dark yellow like _____ Team . We don't offer that type of yellow or sell copyrighted items. Well that's the color I want and this is not that color if you don't take it back it will be reflected in your feedback. The shade of yellow we have is listed in the ad and feedback extortion is against eBay's rules.- files claim not as described - Tells eBay the SAME story I want a dark yellow not a bright yellow said I would leave negative feedback..... Sorry we explained colors and monitors in the ad, customer ordered yellow and that is what we sent.  - eBay refunded them - I didn't have to do so.Not sure why they gave in, I didn't even get a strike... Go figure I won that one.

3) You sent a white decal I wanted gold. - You ordered white and that is what we shipped, if you send it back & pay for shipping for the replacement I will exchange it. Why should I pay for shipping I wanted gold. Sorry but you ordered white if you send it back and pay for shipping of the replacement I will exchange it.. I wanted gold and you sent white what happened to customer is always right you mean I can't exchange it?  me?:huh:

4) Opens box keeps for it for a day then refuses shipment - Same day files a did not received claim with eBay: Claims it never arrived and wants money back and instructed NOT to send a replacement.

5) These wont stick to burlap - We have applied them to burlap several times did you try applying a little pressure? if that doesn't work slightly warm them with a hair dryer and use pressure .   - Well they are too big for what I want to use them for - We custom made them to the size you requested - But I don't want them because they are too big - Sorry this was a custom order there are no refunds for custom orders - You #$@!#$! - 

Bad thing about this product line is once it's been cut taped and sent around the world I don't feel it's right to resell it. So generally you eat it. Generally we don't offer exchanges or refunds unless they cry a bunch. With the new policy I am forced to gain weight or strike out... 

The only one who wins is the 1% that caused all the rules for the rest.

• Like 1

I had a customer file a claim they did not get the item even though it said delivered.  Ebay refunded them. 20 days later i get the item in the mail and was stamped unclaimed. Which means the post office could not leave it at their apt and left a note to pick it up at post office. The buyer never bothered to pick it up. After 15 days the post office sent it back to me.  They knew were the package was. Just was to lazy to go get it I guess.

I had a customer file a claim they did not get the item even though it said delivered.  Ebay refunded them. 20 days later i get the item in the mail and was stamped unclaimed. Which means the post office could not leave it at their apt and left a note to pick it up at post office. The buyer never bothered to pick it up. After 15 days the post office sent it back to me.  They knew were the package was. Just was to lazy to go get it I guess.

Post up the tracking number...   I watch my packages online,  If I see a notice left,  and sitting for a few days longer.  I send the buyer a courtesy message, thru EBAY and Paypal email address. ,,saying, "I saw that the post office left you a notice to pick up your package, you will want to get that picked up soon, If it is returned to me you will have to pay the return shipping"....  I send quite a few packages with signature confirmation.  Never had a problem.

• Like 1

the tracking never showed that it was at the post office. It just said delivered. But the box returned to me says unclaimed.

the tracking never showed that it was at the post office. It just said delivered. But the box returned to me says unclaimed.

show us....  I have never seen tracking look like that....Maybe you can enlighten us.  Everything I have ever seen is post office to different post offices when they scan it...Even First Class.

I have one right now about 4 weeks ago it said delivered 2 days after it was sent - then they file the claim almost a month later saying they never got it - I am waiting for the USPS to refund their money like they have so many times in situations like this - usually it comes out of ebays pockets though

There is a post office employee that messes up my orders sometimes,,  He is the only one at my post office that does it, I had to go to my Postmaster a couple weeks ago, so she could fix it...Instead of scanning ACCEPT,  He scans it DELIVERED,  my town,  and then it shows nothing after that.  It really messes things up.  It will show all of the tracking on the POST OFFICE computer,  but not it we look at the USPS site..  It just shows delivered my town.  She was able to go in and change the tracking to ACCEPT,  then it showed up on USPS. site and the rest of the tracking for me and my buyer..I hate to see him at the P.O. window..

Another reason why I check my tracking on packages...  

• Like 1