Capt'n Morgan

Hello from SW Michigan

Hi,

The wife and I looked into stone carving rocks for her garden and found one thing after another that could be done with a vinyl cutter. Its been just two days and I have been reading my a*# off. ;) Jeesh so much info to absorb. I would like to make decals, along with making graphic's for apparel, coffee cups, stone carving, glass etching and that sort of thing. I can also see us getting into Sublimation printing for decals. :o Looks like I'm gonna be getting into THE FULL MONTY!   :rolleyes:  Looks like Ole US Cutters is going to be getting heavy into my wallet as will others as I will be looking into a Cutter, Heat Press,  and a Sub printer from Cobra Ink systems. As for cutters I was looking into the Titan 2 -vs- the Graphtec CE-6000 or the BIG BOY Graphtec FC-8600. Naturally I don't want to spend excessive dinero if features wont be used, but by the same token I don't mind spending the bucks for a long lasting piece of equipment. The wife sells on Flee Bay and this will just give her an extra tool to make some cash along with saving me decals, banners, & stuff I could use to help support my hobby.  :thumbsup:   I am pretty good with Compukers cause I assemble my own from components and have fiddled them since the Commodore Vic 20. Well I guess I gave my age away there huh? :lol:  Anyways I am also pretty good with graphics also so I think I can grasp a lot of the hardware and software end of things. What I am looking for is opinions of equipment from what I have said I will be using. I really appreciate your help and Ideas.

Thanks ~Duke

Welcome from Southwest Florida

• Like 1

Hello Bob and Welcome to the forum.  I like you retired from a local government job.  I got into vinyl because we had a vinyl cutter for vehivle graphics and I instantly got hooked.  I purchased a used Summa 24" cutter and have been very happy with it.  I use Flexi Sign because that's what I learned on.  I also bought a dvd on flexi to reference when needed.

I will caution you on copyrighted material, that most companies frown on unauthorized reproduction of their logos.

Good luck and welcome.

Thanks Folks,  :)

John Banner I have a friend that lives pretty close to you in Mountain City, Tenn. Mz Skeeter you have me beat by a few I guess which is ok by me ;)  Doug I can Imagine a lot of Companies do not like that. Wheel Horse Tractors are no longer made, :(   the last one rolled off the Line 10 miles up the road from me across the line in South Bend, Indiana in 1999 or there bouts. Toro purchased the company in 1986 and owns the name but could care less as they dropped the name Wheel Horse years ago.   Memorabilia and decals are made out the Ying, Yang. People have contacted WH and from what I have heard they say they could care less because they no longer support the tractor. I figure it is pretty nice of them to let people reproduce their stuff. :thumbsup:

Thanks ~Duke

• Like 1

Thanks Folks,  :)

John Banner I have a friend that lives pretty close to you in Mountain City, Tenn. Mz Skeeter you have me beat by a few I guess which is ok by me ;)  Doug I can Imagine a lot of Companies do not like that. Wheel Horse Tractors are no longer made, :(   the last one rolled off the Line 10 miles up the road from me across the line in South Bend, Indiana in 1999 or there bouts. Toro purchased the company in 1986 and owns the name but could care less as they dropped the name Wheel Horse years ago.   Memorabilia and decals are made out the Ying, Yang, as you can see below. People have contacted WH and from what I have heard they say they could care less because they no longer support the tractor. I figure it is pretty nice of them to let people reproduce their stuff. :thumbsup:

Thanks ~Bob

http://www.redoyourhorse.com/

I knew that Wheel horse was purchased by Toro years ago. but just wanted to give you a heads up on copyrighted stuff.  I'm redoing a Curtis Compressor and contacted Curtis,  they gave me permission to copy the logo since it's no longer in use.

I love the old Wheel Horse garden tractors a friend had one when i was growing up and it was really built well. 

• Like 1

Thanks Doug,

Yep they are great tractors.  And they save my ARSE from a heart attack from shoveling!  :rolleyes:  You can see some of the decals that I have had made in the past few years on the trailer and horses I have restored. Just Below is a 1956 and the last couple are of my Snow Chucker a 1991 520-H  and the one throwing the snow 75' in my neighbors yard Is a 1975 C-120.

~Duke

2009WHSHOW020-2.jpg

HorseStable265.jpg

DSCN2567-2.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

welcome from Indiana, and I'm probably older than you .... ;D

Hello and welcome I have you both beat but.... hey you are only as old as you feel I guess that makes me 107 lol

• Like 1

Thanks Doug,

Yep they are great tractors.  And they save my ARSE from a heart attack from shoveling!  :rolleyes:  You can see some of the decals that I have had made in the past few years on the trailer and horses I have restored. Just Below is a 1956 and the last couple are of my Snow Chucker a 1991 520-H  and the one throwing the snow 75' in my neighbors yard Is a 1975 C-120.

~Duke

Awesome collection  thanks for sharing.

You look familiar, didn't we bump into each other at Shula's back in oh.... gosh, bout 1974? Then again, maybe it was The Heidelberg.

Welcome to the forum

• Like 1

You look familiar, didn't we bump into each other at Shula's back in oh.... gosh, bout 1974? Then again, maybe it was The Heidelberg.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks Edge,

Are you sure you have the right guy you may want to look at that picture again? I did have a pretty full beard and my hair was longer.  Shula's??? I hate Bowling     :D     1974??  I was almost legal to drink back then  ;)   I could easily get into Busters Bar then tho.  :unsure: If not there I usually could go to Pat's Pharmacy for a carry out at least when I was 16.  B)  it might have been the FIGHT House errr I mean White House.  ;D

~Duke