MokiDesigns

Northern California says Hello!

Hello everyone!

I'm James and I run a small screen printing shop (MokiDesigns). I just expanded to the fun world of vinyl and I cannot wait to gain more experience with this medium. I am amazed at what I see being created with vinyl. My new Graphtec ce6000-60 is more than I need at the moment, but I am sure once I get proficient, I will enjoy how awesome it is.

I just received some 651 cal and some siser easyweed too. I may sound insane, but I cannot wait for tomorrow so I can get to work and play with this stuff.

My background is digital graphics and illustration and I started printing t-shirts to pay the bills. My main tools of the trade are Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro (yeah, I love video editing too).

Thanks for the great forum and I look forward to learning a lot here.

• Like 1

I'm a newbie too but this is the GREATEST place to find help or to show off your work.  Welcome!  I am a Lady Pumper in the oil field and have NO experience with artsy things or graphic designs but find this is all I want to do on days off.  I LOVE my Roland GX-24.  It is very addictive...LOL  Can you suggest any courses that might be helpful for a beginner who is interest in graphic design?  We have a small college here or perhaps an online course.

Thanks

Suzanne

Thank you, you two.

Suzanne, check that community college and take a couple Adobe Illustrator courses. They really help. If you find that you don't like the classes, maybe try Linda.com for their great tutorials. Many colleges use them as part of their curriculum.

Colleges around here don't offer Corel classes so I have no experience there.

• Like 1

welcome. get ready, if you have an addictive personality like a lot of us seem to have, you are in for a great ride. 

Hello and Welcome from Florida.

Hello James and welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information here for the taking/learning and lots of great people. Good luck on your new venture.