Sign in to follow this  
express2100

Who wants to print some business cards for me?

I am looking to sub out simple one sided business cards. I know most of you have minimum quantities but I don't think the customer will purchase more than 500. He was hoping for 250 but I may have him talked in to 500.

PM me pricing etc. if you are interested.

Thank you

Hard to beat vistaprint for price and quality. You just have to be prepared to be blasted with emails afterword. You can just set up a filter and send them to junk mail. 

Don't go to Vista print. Find a local print shop to do it. Keep the money in your neighborhood. Support small local business.

• Like 2

I have had several customers come to me to get their cards because they were not happy with cards the bought from vistaprint. To each their own but for me they are the competition so I don't give them any business.

Vistaprint also does signs, t-shirts, banners etc...directly competing with YOU!

I run a print shop and outsource some cards that I don't have the equipment

to produce from Trade Only Printers that won't sell direct to my customers.

Set-up a reseller account with a close by reliable Trade Only Printer

or a local source that won't steal your customers.

Sue2

• Like 1

I pm'd the info for my printer but I also understand and appreciate trying to keep it with the people on here. 

So nobody here actually prints cards themselves. Got it. He wasn't happy with vista cards and asked me to find him better quality. Thought I'd give a member some business but I will go through a member recommended reputable company.

I guess I'm truly not subbing these as I am not marking up the cost. I put together his logo and have it on file so it's easier for me to handle it.

Thanks for the pm's and replies.

If you find a local shop to partner with, you won't have to add shipping charges

to the cost of the cards.

For small quantities, the shipping can be as much as the printing cost of the cards.

Sue2

• Like 1

My problem was the last time I used a local guy they called my customer and tried to cut me out. I prefer to work with people several states away since then. They seem less inclined to try stealing my clients.

• Like 5

Huh, My cards from vista are twice the quality at half the price of the locals and look smokin good. I designed them myself of course but they are the high gloss with info on the back. Other than the slew of email that they throw out they did a great job. Yes they print shirts but all my work is so much more custom that they don't pose a threat to me at all. I don't aim anyone there way mind you, clients I mean. I have never had anyone ask me to print cards. If they do I'll design it for them and then have vista outsource it for me with a little mark-up. ;)

Vista is within $2 of my supplier on 2 sided 500 ct. but they only off gloss on 1 side whereas mine can be both sided glossy. 

GotPrint.com

Some things your local printers, just aren't set up for. The difference between digital printed, and offset printed, are pretty large. That's the reason most people who have digital printers, still get a print house to do their cards.

GotPrint.com

Some things your local printers, just aren't set up for. The difference between digital printed, and offset printed, are pretty large. That's the reason most people who have digital printers, still get a print house to do their cards.

+1