threezzz

will vinyl stick too....

someone asked me to cut a decal for them to put on the spare tire cover on their camper....assuming most covers are made somewhat of the same material... you think a vinyl decal will stick to it?

sticks great to my fiberglass cover but had a friend try selling jeep tire covers and never did get them to last long  - I am sure it depends on the cover and what it is made of

• Like 1

I would think it would stick fine to the canvas type covers very good cleaning would be essential to get it to stick good.

• Like 1

friend did the flexible vinyl ones even tried the old pass the torch flame over it that helped but never totally fixed the problem.   

• Like 1

Nope... won't stay for long on the soft covers. few weeks is the best I've read of.

Too bad... what a great market to vend to.

The hard covers are a different story.

Sticks fine just a pricey substrate.

• Like 2

Before I got into the vinyl game, I had a vinyl decal on my old race trailer tire cover. This was years ago, and never did have a problem with it's durability. 

• Like 1

What about HTV on the soft covers? I have a friend who is wanting one and I haven't gotten around to it yet but I was hoping if it's canvas type product I could press it on.

• Like 1

I seen quite a few done using the vinyl cutter to make the stencil and using airbrush (createx etc) color paints, then clear coating. I'm sure a web search on airbrush, vinyl tire covers etc would tell you everything you need to know.

• Like 1

Here's 2 I did last summer... Mother & Daughter Jeeps.

Not braggin' on 'em too hard... there's not much to them (client on a shoestring budget).

post-43059-0-92761000-1402412895_thumb.p

Paasche Talons & VL's with Createx Wicked Colors & Rattle-can Clear

• Like 2