threezzz

how to do arch writing over picture

can this type of writing be done with sure cuts alot pro??? seems all i can find to do is just a straight line ... just using the Georgia as an example  ... want i want to do is a high school logo... I want to put the first letter of the town and then the full town name on the top (like georgia is) and then the school mascot name under the single letter and curved upwards... does that make any sense..lol??

11_zpsd37c8edd.jpg

If this thread is any indication, may not be easy in SCALP.

There's plenty more, I imagine, using the search feature.

Sorry, I have never SCALP'd anything...

• Like 1

I think it can be done but I also think you would be better off downloading Inkscape and designing with it. It is a free open source vector program that will work circles around SCALP. Then just use SCALP to cut it. There may even be a SCALP plugin for Inkcsape. 

• Like 1

Theezz, here's how I do it. First I grab the arch in my sharps library size it. Then on the text tool in the bottom corner there is a black dot right click hold down and go to type on path. Now the first letter will need adjusted. adjust it to the arch and group them together. Anyway that how I do it. Fonts is up to you. 

• Like 2

You can type on path, but you're not going to get the arched letters. SignBlazer is the easiest to do this with. Illustrator will do it fairly easy. I don't use any other paid software, but there's no doubt the others will do it.

Another thing with the typing on path with SCALP, the letters will be uneven along the path. I've literally spent an hour trying to line up a 6 letter word. Not worth it.

About a minute and a half in SB.

post-37957-0-25763800-1401837505_thumb.j