So i had this bike show this weekend..it was a two day event (sat 10-6 sunday 10-4).

It was a relatively small show, 40 bikes and about 15 vendors.

I had made about 30 different white decals to have as samples to sell, from "Support the Troops" stuff to 2nd Amendment stuff, babe/angel/devil stuff, skulls and grimm reaper stuff, etc..

Didn't sale a dam one...had lots of people looking and talking.

I also had a display board with a ton of other samples..

Had about 20 premade shirt samples, didnt sell a one!

I sold one hat to the vendor next to me, put his logo on it, and wants some bandanas too so i gotta look into that.

I did two custom decals for two guys, sold 4 can koozies, and another vendor from a custom chopper place had me do a small decal of his logo and he wants some can koozies and other stuff.

I did give out alot of business cards.

But overall i was disappointed. It was just not a big turnout, between the 2 days there may have been 350-400 people come thru.

I did make some contacts and got invited to two other events where i will get a free booth.

Ouch that sucks. Not only the expense of the booth and the samples (which you will still have for next time) but the time spent setting around. I have been considering going to the home and garden show around here and have made contact with the director of all the shows but have yet to pull the trigger. I guess I'm more worried about setting around there all day than anything. 

My wife and I started doing shows last year. I wouldn't be too discouraged you have to do a few and some will not pan out but you will make contacts with other vendors that can point you to some shows that will pay out better. And we actually have fun at these shows even though they are work.

Butch

I do events with the intention of running out...  Of business cards. I make way more money through the contacts than sales at the event most times.

• Like 2

I do events with the intention of running out...  Of business cards. I make way more money through the contacts than sales at the event most times.

About the only thing I can guarantee to sell a lot of at a show is custom buttons, and like jaybird said the money comes in from the contacts you make there.

I get a lot of calls that start with "Hey, are you the guy that was at the <X> event making decals and buttons?"...

The only show that I've had success with bringing my cutter to was the video game convention and even that got off to a slow start until someone wanted their gamer name cut out to fit on their console and then it took off...

Yeah i handed out lots of business cards and made many contacts...im just more disappointed that not even one of my premade decals sold :(

We started selling this year at flea markets and car shows.

We don't bring our cutter we cut a bunch of pre made decals on banners and boards and each one is numbered and filed.

We have been to shows and sold nothing and have also sold tons of stuff.

Always give out a bunch of business cards.

I never set up and expect to sell anything.

I mostly am paying for the spot to drum up new business.