Sign in to follow this  
mabscotthandyman

Oorah

One of my grandsons came by this afternoon on his way to the Marines induction center and will leave tomorrow to start his basic training. It is a really proud grandpaw that is writing this but a little worried also with the state of the world right now anyhow this is one of those bittersweet moments that brings a smile to your face while a tear runs down your cheek.

• Like 8

Wish him all the best in the Marines. If remember correctly you said he was going to Camp Lejuene, NC. That is where i grew up and my father retired from there.

• Like 1

Wish him all the best in the Marines. If remember correctly you said he was going to Camp Lejuene, NC. That is where i grew up and my father retired from there.

Yeah that is where he is going I belive he will excell of course I would tho lol but no he should be fine he is mature for a 19 year old young man he has a great work ethic and very respectable and personable.

• Like 1

He comes from good stock and I am sure will do well!  contgrats to the proud grandpa!

• Like 1

He will be fine, the big thing he will now be a Marine for Life as there is no such thing as a ex-marine, But there sure is a lot of former Marines Semper Fi

post-2057-0-92957900-1395668293_thumb.pn

• Like 3