Sign in to follow this  
rlvied

Hand painted sign

It has been awhile since I posted something other then etched glass so I will post this. It is about 24" x 40 feet. Started with a ponce pattern then hand painted. I hate working off a ladder. 

post-6565-0-27139200-1395503459_thumb.jp

• Like 4

It has been awhile since I posted something other then etched glass so I will post this. It is about 24" x 40 feet. Started with a ponce pattern then hand painted. I hate working off a ladder. 

[img=http://forum.uscutter.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97673'>Cherry Hill.jpg

I use scaffolding for about every thing now ladders kick my old but . But worked off bladders on a plastic letter install today and suffering now....getting too old for this need to go part time maybe in 10 years when I turn 75 LOL

I have sure spent my share of time working off ladders as well. Use a small roll around scaffold every chance I get.

I'm not so sure about it being any faster to use but WAY easier on my 55 y/o back & knees!

rlvied, I know what skill it takes to hand paint those letters over, is it block (?)... kudos.

I work off scaffold also but it was a pain in the butt trying to move it all the time so I finished it off the ladder. It will probably be the last one I do like that as it screwed with my back. Scarekrow it was a block building and not as bad as the stucco one that I had to do last summer. I bet steve doesn't get much work hand lettering 

I work off scaffold also but it was a pain in the butt trying to move it all the time so I finished it off the ladder. It will probably be the last one I do like that as it screwed with my back. Scarekrow it was a block building and not as bad as the stucco one that I had to do last summer. I bet steve doesn't get much work hand lettering

Do you do a lot of hand lettering? It looks really good..i have done a few computer generated patterns that I used a pounce wheel and pounce bag to outline and then paint I would make a real mess trying to freehand sorta like steves truck above. My neighbor for many years.....he has now passed on...was a sign maker and writer also a neon bender I was always amazed watching him paint a sign seemed like it was no effort at all for him to get perfect letters freehand.

Scott I try to do very little hand lettering maybe 1 or 2 a year. The ponce pattern was printed with my cutter and then done with the wheel. I would like to say I could do it free hand but I am not that good.

• Like 1