Sign in to follow this  
pmaru77

Buying a inexpensive USCutter

Will the $200 USCutter work for what I am doing?   I need to make 2" x 1 1/4" stencils (out of vinyl ?)  Whaty I do with the small stickers is put them on a product and then  perform a process that will stencil the artwork onto that product.  Then I peel off the sticker and discard.  And is there a detail parameter that I need to follow or just try it and learn from experimenting?

buy a Silhouette Cameo it does better detailing the cheaper UScutters don't do very good small detail. and if all your doing are those stencils the cameo is a better bet. You can also cut up to 12" with the cameo.

buy a Silhouette Cameo it does better detailing the cheaper UScutters don't do very good small detail. and if all your doing are those stencils the cameo is a better bet. You can also cut up to 12" with the cameo.

X2 I have one and it works great for medium to small details.

I also have the USCUTTER SC25 it does Very good work as well

• Like 1

Is it against the rules to ask someone here to cut some samples?  I'd surely pay for the time.  I'm in the test process to see if there is a market for what I'm doing, and to get a return on the $300 cutter would not happen if my idea falls flat.

Huh, that design looks vaguely familiar, where have I seen that before....? 

The sticker is sold on Ebay by many sources.  If you didn't see it there, it is seen as a logo for G Loomis fishing rods/etc. I'm using this now for personal use, but plan to make other stickers that will fit the buckle.  The target size is 2" wide by 1.25" high.

The sticker is sold on Ebay by many sources.  If you didn't see it there, it is seen as a logo for G Loomis fishing rods/etc. 

I think I must have forgotten to put #sarcasm# behind my comment. I don't keep up on all the latest social media stuff.  I'm just giving you a bad time, just be careful if you plan to market something that is that highly trademarked. 

• Like 1

Can someone explain what the parameters are for shapes when cutting?  Like, for instance, is it better to have a radius on a corner instead of a sharp corner?  What size .005" ? smaller or larger.  Or do you not need a radius?

I am a proponent of using small radius' at tight corners particularly if they are tighter than 90 deg. You don't have to but I think it helps the drag knife a little, but it could be my imagination. Like the little people I see that no one else can. 

I build my file without worrying about it and then go back and add a node on each side of the corner and then remove the very corner. I don't do it on square corners as often because the node will just be a corner node and it won't make a radius without extra fiddling around. Does that make any sense? 

• Like 1

I am a proponent of using small radius' at tight corners particularly if they are tighter than 90 deg. You don't have to but I think it helps the drag knife a little, but it could be my imagination. Like the little people I see that no one else can. 

I build my file without worrying about it and then go back and add a node on each side of the corner and then remove the very corner. I don't do it on square corners as often because the node will just be a corner node and it won't make a radius without extra fiddling around. Does that make any sense? 

You see them too? Do yours speak?

The other advantage to rounding the corners is the decal is less likely to start peeling up at one of those sharp points either while cutting or after installation. Especially when installed on glass or a vehicle that requires frequent cleaning. Don't take much handling to lift a real sharp point while cleaning.

• Like 2

You guys can see them? I only hear them but never actually seen them.

• Like 1

Maybe that is who my 4 year old great grandson talks to when he is playing lol

• Like 1