Sign in to follow this  
dbtoutfit

Another line of death.

Now that I have everything cutting great I get the line of death.

First time it happened I had weed on. It made it one array across and the bam!

The second time I took weed off completely and I got to two arrays across and then this time it not only went across cutting into the decals but went up into what I had completed and the back down and then back to home position. Man this thing is cursed.

This is the first time I have used the array feature to do alot of the same decals. This has never happened to me before though I did get a few cuts that stopped in the middle of the job but that was because I had so many apps running like adobe Photoshop and Ill.

Since I no longer cut with a lot of apps open I no longer get that issue.

I am guessing that the amount of code is cause for these "lines of death" where as SB locks up due to some over whelming stack flow of data and becomes corrupt and/or the USB port locks up due to drivers or programming error.

Anytime I have had this issue SB will not communicate with the cutter till after a cold reboot of the pc.

I am afraid to cut any of the big decals I have for some race cars as the vinyl is expensive type.

Does anyone know anything that would eliminate this issue?

Does the serial tend to help. I am on USB at this moment.

Any ideas?

I do fine with USB and have never had the line of death BUT a lot of people on here say that the Serial cures their problems. Wortha  shot,anyway.

Almost everyone here who experienced communication issues have found certain success switching to the serial port. If you don't have a serial port on your laptop or PC, then you can get an adapter (keyspan). You can find them cheap on eBay, and not-so-cheap at Radio Shack.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

USB is such a computer reasource hog.

Thanks ;)

Eric

USB alos uses power from the computers power supply, so if alot of other USB devices are hooked up, the power supply on the computer could be struggling.

I used the USB for about a week - changed to the Serial and all issues went away and life is good!!!

I must be a slow learner. It took me a month to go serial. Never had a problem since.