Sign in to follow this  
Mendivilo1

Cutter starts the cut one way then reverses the file.

I have been cutting quite a lot with my cutter, files always converted to svg. normally i just cut text about 2" fonts. I cut paragraphs at a time however recently i have been having the issue where the cutter will begin to cut the file the way SCAL previews the file, and 1/3 of the way in it warps the file from horizontal to vertical and sometimes mirrors the font. I have no idea how to fix this... has anyone had this problem as well... its costing me lots of vinyl.

any advice

You might want to post which cutter you are using.

It also might help if we knew what OS you are running. Total ram, using USB, Serial or Printer port. It could be a port conflict. Program conflict. Is this a dedicated PC just to cut with? Are these large files your cutting? Is your printer grounded? Lots of unknowns. Help us out.

I'm running on a new Dell PC Windows 8 with 4gb Ram, this PC is only for the cutter. Am using the USB port to communicate to the cutter. The average cut file is 5mb (cut area 18"x20")

What do you mean is it grounded? I have it on the stand locked in place

Make sure you have the most up to date version of sure cuts a lot pro. On of their updates around Chrsitmas was hosed and a few updates after that. Current version is stable when cutting but can give fits when importing projects into a tab. I'm away from my production PC or I would give you newest version number.

go to www.craftedge.com

Someone posted a similar problem a while back and I think they determined the size of their mat in scallp had been changed and was causing it to d owhat you are describing.