MadHatterGraphix

where I have been.

I disappeared in the summer of 2013 I tried to keep people posted with what was going on, as most of the members know my mother had some serious medical issues, I tried to keep everyone updated till she came home which I became a 3X full time caregiver. Everything kept be busy and I only updated on FB. Dec 7 my dad fell out of his suburban due to his arthritic hip couldn't push him up and keep him up. He was rushed to the ER but came home that nite due to he was high as a kit and the doc said he needed bed rest. After new years my mom ended up falling in the bathroom the paramedics came and picked her up and she didn't want to go to the hospital. 5 days later she had a nurse come to clean her up but she couldn't walk, her legs were weeping and finally the visiting nurse called the medics and she was taking into ER. That's when she was admitted to the hospital. She ended up losing half her foot, and her heart isn't doing to good she needs a pacemaker, on top of that the weeping is cause her body isn't getting ride of water naturally. Her lungs were filling with fluid and couldn't breath. Now she is a long term hospital. Now she is getting Dialysis feeling better but has no strength and she needs to get stronger so they can operate and install a pacemaker. and learn PT and maybe get her stomach fixed finally. And now my dad might be going into the hospital to get his hip replaced.

I'm making it through however its hard being a caregiver very tiring mentally and physically.

Wow, you have been through a lot. Hope things start to look better. I know my mom had similar issues with pnemonia and water in her lungs. After a couple stays in the hospital it looks like they finally have her on the path to recovery. I wish the same for your mom. I'm fortunate to come from a large family and we all live nearby to help out.

Wow, sounds like a lot of hard times for you and your parents. Other then the few posts I have followed you posted in, I do not know you. Here is some positive thoughts and prayers for all of you.

Let me tell ya I'm staying strong as much as possible however slowly losing it. And people wonder why I haven't started drinking.. I wonder the same thing.

God only gives people what they can handle... he see's you as a very strong person!  Keep up the good work, take a few minutes each day to think about yourself and the good you are doing for your folks.  We don't chat like you and some others do but I do read your post's and updates.  I continue to send prayers your way!  

Yep I had wondered about your mom and how she was doing. Maybe with care and pt she will regain her strenth. Good luck to you and your parents and like was said your a good person being a fulltime caregiver.

Bottom line is:

YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE.....Feb 14th been 2 yrs my dad left...Miss my father, miss him more than one might understand...Pray to you and for ya Hatter...

Someone once told me alcohol is the answer. If you can remember the question you didn't use enough alcohol  ;D