Sign in to follow this  
jrracing

Glass etching

Now that is some impressive work!  What size is it?  Is it surface etched, or etched on the back in reverse?  Color?

Again, super work -

Cal

16 x 20 , I use 1/8 inch glass and it is etched on back side, the color is vinyl I just left in place. I have done seven of these , I get 250.00. I just did a different one for vice pres of Koch Industries. Not able to upload picture.

I worked for koch industries in Tulsa Oklahoma.. they had owned a company called John Zink

wow, nice. I need to read up on this. not knowing how you did this. I am assuming you made your own mirror ? hhmm learn something new everyday.

how do you figure pricing on your etching, if you don't mind telling. ?  I have been asked to etch some wine glasses and don't know where to start on price

It's not mirror, just has a black back ground so it looks like a mirror. As for the price I did the first one for 200 and guy liked so well he gave me a 50 dollar tip so I just started charging 250. No one has complained, but most of thes people have money to spend. I include a stand so I have about 80 in the supplies. No one taught me just started playing around.