Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

HTV layering/shrink issue

I have come across this several times in the past year and have been able to work around it but on this current job not so much.

Does anyone else have issues layering HTV?  

What I am getting is, I have an image with an outline. So, two different colors, one going on top of the other.  I pre press the shirt, put down the first layer and press, then when I go to line up the second layer it is bigger than the outline?!?  It is like the shirt and or the first layer shrunk a bit.  I did test the image fit prior to applying so I know they were the right fit to start.

What is the trick here?

I am using siser easy weed....

Here is a tad more info.....

Heat press at 310, press shirt only for 3 seconds, then add first layer for 6

That is weird cause everything i have read about heat press it looks like you are doing the right thing...

it shrinks some but if you press for only 2-3 seconds you can usually line it up and they shrink together - nature of the beast I think

All that I've seen and read the first layer just needs a few seconds. Just enough to make it adhere to the shirt. then the full 12 to 15 sec. for the both.

• Like 1

I think I will drop the temp a few to 305, try a quick first press and maybe leave the carrier on and cold peel.  See what happens.  Thanks for the replies.  I must be using a tad to much heat for a tad to long....