mabscotthandyman

My security software has attacked SB

My security software has attacked sign blazer it says a trojan virus is in sbe execute and will not let me open it . I tried reloading sb but the same thing happened again even tried in a new folder same thing. I dont understand after all this time the software thinking that sbe exe had a virus....any ideas

I am sure there are better qualified people to answer this but I think in most security software you can tell it to ignore a file

SBE has an odd habit of periodically trying to connect to the Internet for "updates" --  perhaps this procedure is causing the virus blocker to react?

I seem to recall that "call home" process (trying to connect to SB servers) is disabled by changing the executable file name to sbnt.exe

What anti virus are you running?

Most can be set to exclude certain files and allow them to run even if it is reporting a false postive

I'm just floating this, did you get your .exe file from a reputable source? Alot a of viruses these days are disguised as normal .exe files.

You can also just turn off your anti-virus while your installing, nearly all anti-virus software will let you periodically turn it off.

there is our computer guru - thanks for coming to the rescue smokeybear!   we needed someone that does that for a living!

I'm set to follow this topic. Scott pm me if you need help I'll give you my phone number and I might be of some help.

If we do it on the forum  it may help another poor soul going thru the same thing.

• Like 1

Here is the instructions to exclude a file in AVG

to exclude a file or folder from the Resident Shield detection:

1. Open your AVG program.
  2. From the Options menu, select Advanced settings.
  3. In the left pane, select Exceptions.
  4. In the right pane, click Add exception.
  5. In the drop-down menu, select exception type - File or Folder.
  6. Browse to the file or folder that you want to exclude.
  7. Select whether you want to apply the exception also for other AVG components.
  8. Click OK to save details of the exception.
  9. Click OK again to save the settings.