Sign in to follow this  
JessXEmoji

Why didnt you guys tell me this!

Lol Ive never seen this problem brought up here.

But I started cutting 6 decals at once today, the same thing. It was taking a while so I jumped on the internet on the same computet to look around. When my decals finished it had unfinshed decals and ziggy lines going though 3 of them.

Its never done that before. And the only thing I did different was surf the web while it was cutting. So I closed the browser and tried again and it cut perfect. So Im guessing surfing the web while cutting is not a good idea? It made my cutter go nuts.

reasons like that is why I have a dedicated cutter computer that is not on the net - that and no viruses take the business out of action when I need it the most!

• Like 3

Never had that happen or heard of that happening to anyone before. I am guessing you have a "value cutter". Your web browser must have been taking up a lot of the available memory which caused this to happen.

• Like 2

I cut and surf all the time,  That is how I answer questions on here,  while I'm cutting.  Never a problem... and I'm running an older XP laptop... 

I do have low memory 1 gb. Illustrator always saying something about high memory usage.

Thanks for saying that as I am no longer the official slowest computer on here. I'll pass the award along to you by mail since email attachments take so long to open.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jaybird" data-cid="337462" data-time="1386854402"><p>

Thanks for saying that as I am no longer the official slowest computer on here. I'll pass the award along to you by mail since email attachments take so long to open.</p></blockquote>

Lol i would have 4g of ram. But some morons from amazon sent me 2g and i paid for 4. Sending it back to them and going through the exchange process is taking forever. Almost 4 weeks and i still dont have what i bought and they made me pay to ship it back. Ive never left a bad review but I might now.

I just checked and I have 2.49 gig. Think I might have a bad stick in there.

I just checked and I have 2.49 gig. Think I might have a bad stick in there.

or part is shared with your video.   Jesse - 1 gb is fine for a cutting computer only but if you are doing other things it is just too little.  cutters requite very little resources to run but other programs requite much more taxing the system.  One of my favorite quotes from the old days is hardware makes your system fast, software slows it down.   One of the big drains on any system is the anti virus software but for any connected computer it is a must

• Like 2

Come on boy's!!!!Buy yourself a BRAND NEW IMPROVED TI-99_4A and feel the power, the ease, the crap, oh dam, did I say that....Sprung for a NEW Atari 400 today, Phewww this thing is so fast I thin it can catch up and pass me....

• Like 1

I had an atari 800 (I think that was the #) when I was a kid. Used to get up early and load a cassette so it could load the games we had programmed. Those were the days

Come on boy's!!!!Buy yourself a BRAND NEW IMPROVED TI-99_4A and feel the power, the ease, the crap, oh dam, did I say that....Sprung for a NEW Atari 400 today, Phewww this thing is so fast I thin it can catch up and pass me....
If anyone does go for the TI 99-4A, I'd recommend the expansion box to accomidate a floppy drive.

Heck I remember getting the first TRW-80 in when I sold them - save programs on cassette tapes - found that the dream audio system i had set up in the store, with a little equalizer adjustment, made copies of the programs pretty good.  Think I may still have the tapes somewhere LOL

We were an Atari family 2600 7800 800. Even had pong back in the day but all that changed when nintendo came along. Anybody remember ColecoVision? They were made right up the road from where I was raised and at least 3 of my family members worked there.

I SPOKE to soon. They problem came back on the same project. I had to cut 20 4"x3" logos. so I added 6 at a time in SCAL and once it makes it to the 4th one is does not finish then cuts a line across the vinyl until it goes back to the home position. Wont even try and cut the 5th and 6th decal.

So I only try to cut 3 at a time and it does fine.

Any ideas?

I have had a similar issue with my LPII but my issue was 1 LARGE memory hog image everytime, it cuts and stops part of the way through..ticked me off, scale it down and it would work ok, BUT I also found if I run SCALP and start a project and decide to skip that one and START a new project it would cut and stop near end of job for some reason, found if I make a mistake and start a new project I better close the app and reload SCALP as some reason it doesn't clear from its virtual mem holding god knows how much of my memory hung up on the previous project to where I have to remember to close and reload the SCALP, don't know why it wont dump its grasp of memory but that's the only thing I have come up.....