Sign in to follow this  
egobuster1

not communicating with cutter

alright so i have a macbook that i have been using for quite some time to cut with my MH series cutter using SCAL 3.

i recently went and purchased a new SSD hard drive and installed a fresh copy of maverick on to it.

my set up includes 

Macbook running 10.9

MH series cutter with keyspan

SCAL 3

i installed the most up to date keyspan drivers i could find and then searched and installed the 2.2.18 FTDI drivers to

when i go into SCAL under the connection its set to USB and PORT set to auto like it always has been if i click test connection i get nothing

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-02%20at%2010.34.

then if i drop down the port option and select the very bottom one and click test connection it'll freeze up but the keyspan light will go solid green and when i force close the app the cutter then will respond.

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-02%20at%2010.35.

im kind of not sure where to go from here as it seems like its a software/driver issue as the computer is seeing the keyspan.

i found this article and followed it and still nothing

http://forum.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=29930

USCutter has this on their ads.  EBAY and website. 

USCutter MH Series Vinyl Cutter w/ Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Design & Cut Software

The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

NOTE: This cutter/plotter is *not* compatible with Apple/Mac computers

Unless you have the older version of MH

I've been using this cutter with a mac for many of years problem free through all the updates from leopard to snow leopard to lion to mountain lion to maverick just recently has been giving me issues.

for whats its worth i downloaded sure cuts a lot pro as a demo and installed it and set up the cutter and went in and did a test connection and it recognized the cutter right away.

not sure why SCAL PRO would recognize it fine but SCAL 3 wouldn't.

Is your MH the older version?   I am just showing you what is on their ads. 

Contact tech support and have them remote your computer and see if they can set you up. 

That's not the problem I know that. I've been using this cutter on a Mac for years and when I bought it it was mac compatible

• Like 1

That's not the problem I know that. I've been using this cutter on a Mac for years and when I bought it it was mac compatible

Maybe try downloading Signcut trial for a week,  and see if you can get it going with that, It is Mac compatible.  You did say you installed a new hard drive  and installed a different program,   maybe the problem lies in the set up. 

• Like 1

not sure what the issue was with SCAL 3 i just went ahead and bit the bullet and upgrade to SCAL PRO and its working fine as ever now

I am using scalp 3 with with my macbook pro no issues. but now I got a laserpoint 1 running with no problems at all.