Sign in to follow this  
livinloudgraphics

heat press

looking into buying a heat press what materials do i need been doing a little research and found i need these 

1 heat press

heat press material different colors

apparel blanks different sizes and colors

Teflon sheets 

and was looking at this also http://www.uscutter.com/Tee-Square-It-Transfer-Alignment-Tool

has anyone used this and if so let me know about it  or will it be a good idea to get this

And looking some other things please let me know what i am missing

and also what is the normal temperature for doing transfers

Most transfers go on at 350* F, from 10 to 15 sec. press time, med to heavy pressure.

As far as tools I use my eyes to center the transfer. ( works most of the time )

I use a Teflon sheet.

I have a 16x20 George Knight swing away. Sometimes I need a bigger one but most of the time this size works.

I would recommend a pillow or two and press pads. I have one pillow for regular size shirts and one that is about 5"x18" for sleeves. These work great if you are fighting seams or collars, also keeps most of the heat off something on the opposite side.  I only have one press pad 5"x6" but it is very well used especially for crest prints near pockets or buttons. 

Oh, I almost forgot, I have a roll of the green heat tape that I use once in a while when something has to be held perfectly in place and I use it almost all the time on the hat press. A little goes a long way and you can re-use it 10-20 times at least if you're doing multiple items.

looking into buying a heat press what materials do i need been doing a little research and found i need these 

1 heat press

heat press material different colors

apparel blanks different sizes and colors

Teflon sheets 

and was looking at this also http://www.uscutter.com/Tee-Square-It-Transfer-Alignment-Tool

has anyone used this and if so let me know about it  or will it be a good idea to get this

And looking some other things please let me know what i am missing

and also what is the normal temperature for doing transfers

I have the the     Tee Square It! - Transfer Alignment Tool

My honest opinon is it sucks.. I have that and the logo it for the front pocket

I will sell you both of mine if you really wanted it .. heheh

I have the the     Tee Square It! - Transfer Alignment Tool

My honest opinon is it sucks.. I have that and the logo it for the front pocket

I will sell you both of mine if you really wanted it .. heheh

jump on the t-square it - makes it simple to center the items you want to press and to make sure they are level - just pre press the shirt in 1/2 to give yourself a good center line and hook the tsquare-it over the bottom platen so it is squarely on the platen - make sure each side shows the same numbers on the cross piece and the transfer is level with the cross piece - it has saved a lot of time for me.  I have the logo it but have to admit I don't use that much.   Before using it I messed up a few shirts getting them off to one side a little.  used it tonight and the only problem I had was same as always when i haven't used the  htm for a while . .. .  yup didn't mirror the first cut sssh.gif blush.gif