Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

Incorporated?

Im sure most of you are...

Where do I start? There seems to be a lot online, whats the easiest place to start?

Don't do that..............

Research what kind of corporation you want to be. 

Research some more.

And just alittle more.......

Google all the terms they use so you have an understand of what they mean

Then go to your State's web site you got from all your research.  

For Florida it's sunbiz.org

Fill out the form and pay the state's fee and BAM you have a company.  

Don't pay a legal company to fill out the same exact form you can get for free and fill out yourself.  

The key here is to research and have a complete understanding of all your options. 

Never done it. I've owned 3 distinct businesses over the last 19 years and have never incorporated. Make sure it is right for you before jumping on the llc bandwagon. Also talk to whoever does your taxes to see if it will benefit or harm you financially to incorporate.

Never done it. I've owned 3 distinct businesses over the last 19 years and have never incorporated. Make sure it is right for you before jumping on the llc bandwagon. Also talk to whoever does your taxes to see if it will benefit or harm you financially to incorporate.

Mm...I can’t see it hurting since it's not my primary job and it's just my brother and I...but I'll give them a call. Thanks.

I don't know that it would but it's easier to ask before rather than after.

They told me in the state of MS if you become Inc. you have to have board meeting once a month and take the minutes down in writing all kinds of things like that . You cant change a thing without a vote ect...   I became a LLC . Its not near the hassle . Mississippi requires a company to become an Inc. or LLC before they can get a resale permit.

Inc is a pain because of paperwork and tax reporting. LLC is usually a better choice however it will NOT give you the protection you think it will as an individual. I would suggest consulting a CPA and or an attorny. My wife is a CPA and has me set up as a sole propriator. Most individuals who are set up as an LLC would be shocked at the little amount of protection that actually gives them compared to what they think it does.

• Like 3

Inc is a pain because of paperwork and tax reporting. LLC is usually a better choice however it will NOT give you the protection you think it will as an individual. I would suggest consulting a CPA and or an attorny. My wife is a CPA and has me set up as a sole propriator. Most individuals who are set up as an LLC would be shocked at the little amount of protection that actually gives them compared to what they think it does.

Neuromax...Im sorry I reported you by mistake. I wasnt paying attention. I meant to quote this.   :blink:

when my brother did the LLC for his bar..he used a lawyer...not a CPA.

• Like 1