Sign in to follow this  
cod543

The blade is ripping through the vinyl and picking the vinyl up as well

My blade is at half a width of a credit card, and the pressure is on 2g. I dont know why the vinyl is getting picked up by the blade AND is ripping through the whole sheet as well. anybody have any ideas to fix this. I even replaced the old blade with a new one and it is still ripping through.

Blade depth should barely be visible. Take your holder out and hold in your hand and with plenty of pressure drag across a scrap of vinyl it should just cut the vinyl and make an indentation in the baker paper ( not cut ) then reinstall and do test cuts adjusting the pressure as needed. Check your cutting strip for damage. Make sure the the carriage is moving freely and on track.

Dan

My blade is at half a width of a credit card, and the pressure is on 2g. I dont know why the vinyl is getting picked up by the blade AND is ripping through the whole sheet as well. anybody have any ideas to fix this. I even replaced the old blade with a new one and it is still ripping through.

Because that is 10 times too much blade as indicated by the members above - correct setting instructions compliments of skeeter:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

Because that is 10 times too much blade as indicated by the members above - correct setting instructions compliments of skeeter:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

I dont know whete 1/2 the thickness of a credit card came from. Sketter has posted the instructions for adjusting blade depth a zillion times and some how the credit card thing still comes up. I have gotten till i can just hold it up to the light and get it almost perfect the first attempt. I dont change blades often because my cutting is spariadoc there are times that my cutters arent fired up a week at a time.

I dont know whete 1/2 the thickness of a credit card came from. Sketter has posted the instructions for adjusting blade depth a zillion times and some how the credit card thing still comes up. I have gotten till i can just hold it up to the light and get it almost perfect the first attempt. I dont change blades often because my cutting is spariadoc there are times that my cutters arent fired up a week at a time.

Dan it is actually in video and documents from USC directly that needs changed.

Yep many has ruined vinyl, blades, and cutting strips right out of box. But from some of the past post there must be some starting with a lot more blade then the credit card adjustment.

yeah its in their instructions. When I first got my cutter I printed it out. Luckily I looked up another source video which was the same as MS Skeeter's method and I didnt have the problems