xpaperman

Corel help needed (weld? trim?)

I need some help.  I don't just want it done for me I want to know how to do it if someone could 'splain.

This file is of the breast cancer ribbon.  What I want to do is instead of making the ribbon solid pink I want it to be a zebra fill.  

The way I am trying to tackle it is to put the zebra patter as the "background" and lay the ribbon on top and trying to trim out the excess zebra print and just leave the ribbon shaped zebra pattern.

Am I on the right track or way over thinking this and there is an easier way?

As always, thanks in advance.

forumtest.eps

Or you could lay one over the other and use Arrange > Shaping > Intersect to create the new design - it doesn't delete the existing objects, so it won't be immediately obvious...

I would get a better looking ribbon to start with.   After that put the zebra pattern  along side  it,   make it just a little bigger than the ribbon then highlight the zebra and go to the top tool bar ,  effects then power clip, place inside frame and done.  If you want to move it around to place it better right click on the image part inside the ribbon with  your mouse go to edit power clip move it to where you want it then hit finish and all done.

Use the place in container option

Is this the look you are looking for? :huh:

That is what I was going for!

Thanks for the help and input y'all!

Since I read OWJones's reply first I tried it and worked as I wanted!  I will also Try yours  mr300 just so I can compare, try it another way and see if I like your route better for next time.  Plus I will be learning something new too!

Power Clip is a great tool. You can do all sort of stuff with it, once you get the hang. Does a great job of adding bitmaps, to vector objects.

• Like 1

I would get a better looking ribbon to start with.   After that put the zebra pattern  along side  it,   make it just a little bigger than the ribbon then highlight the zebra and go to the top tool bar ,  effects then power clip, place inside frame and done.  If you want to move it around to place it better right click on the image part inside the ribbon with  your mouse go to edit power clip move it to where you want it then hit finish and all done.

Edit after its in the container... Learned something new...