slice&dice

Great news for designers

Internet Domain  .design  is coming soon, and registration is beginning for those who want to use that top-level web designation.

Hundreds of other options for unique top-level domains are also being made available, including  .graphics

• Like 1

I would like to know more...Would it be worth looking at Daddy.com for listing..Wife and I were talking today about putting together a web page(s) to pitch my wall art but not keen on C/C and Paypal because of the stink about holding funds and taking forever to release them...Figured we would link them back to site where we sell our wall art.

I would like to know more...Would it be worth looking at Daddy.com for listing..Wife and I were talking today about putting together a web page(s) to pitch my wall art but not keen on C/C and Paypal because of the stink about holding funds and taking forever to release them...Figured we would link them back to site where we sell our wall art.

Not sure I understand your question.

Top-level domain name can be purchased and you own it.

Currently, you are limited because almost all the good ones (the obvious ones) are taken.

For instance, if you want to register "petroman.com" you would not be able to, because someone already owns that.

However, this expansion will allow virtually unlimited domains to exist, and petroman.design can be yours.

GoDaddy offers a domain registration service, so yes, you'll be able to obtain the domains through them.

Webpage creation and Hosting is another can of worms.

Use .. https://squareup.com/

you get your $$ the next day... I <3 it

• Like 1

Square keeps sending me emails about selling online through them. I haven't looked into it yet but if ti's as good as their processing service it may be worth checking into.

Square .. i went on there website last night.. you can make like a shopping cart looking thing like you can with paypal..

Looks real enough, I am going to dwell into it this evening after work....maybe...Maybe not...But will shake it down and see what falls...

I am 110% computer illiterate and just started down the road of setting up a site/estore and it makes me remember why I like my olds cars, things were just simpler back then.

• Like 1

Why should I have to go inside to pee? Modern society is so restrictive.

You mean they have out houses inside now?

Only them fancy folks.

You mean they have out houses inside now?

Some people actually poop in their house on purpose .. most people wup their dog if the dog poops inside . My Dad's family is from Clay County WV . When I " bought the farm " in Weston , many of my friends kidded me about outhouses etc . I would let them finish up and tell them the people around my farm had questions/remarks about Marylanders also . Of course they would ask what . I would tell them people would ask me if those people actually pooped in their own house ..... all perspectives :)

• Like 2

The difference between city and country people.....city people eat out side and poop inside...country people eat inside and poops outside. For many years when i was a wee tyke .......hell till i was almost 18 we had an out house , carried in water, cooked on a wood stove and heated with coal mined on our own property. We were 90% self suffecent and the crazy thing thing we thought we had it bad. Our only neighbor was a mile away. I would like to see todays tweens live like that.

• Like 3

I didn't grow up like that but I wouldn't mind living like that instead of the rat race we live in now. The only race there is making it to the outhouse in time.

I didn't grow up like that but I wouldn't mind living like that instead of the rat race we live in now. The only race there is making it to the outhouse in time.

It was a lot of work but was well worth it. During the winter it would be two to three weeks sometimes before we could get out of the hollow it was down hill the whole way and and snow drifts could be 7-8 feet high.

I can remember going to my grandparents house in the winter and they had tunnels through the scraper banks from the plows that were big enough for them to drive the car and pickup through. That was in the Adirondack Mtns. in upstate NY where I grew up.

I can remember going to my grandparents house in the winter and they had tunnels through the scraper banks from the plows that were big enough for them to drive the car and pickup through. That was in the Adirondack Mtns. in upstate NY where I grew up.

In the 50s and 60s we really got bad winters ...but the seasons were defined then not like it is now changing back and forth. It was usally bad from late november to late february then when it turnred spring it stayed spring seems like now winter will start then you will have a period of spring like weather.

Down here the seasons are different than up north. We start out with a couple weeks of spring the we go straight into hell for a few months. Then we go into fall for a while which is like summer up north and then winter which can be in the 60's 1 day and teens the next.

Those 3 months were used for off roading where I grew up. There was too muck snow during the winter to takes the trucks out and play