Hello.

I just got a brand new MH871 today and am having some issues.

After setting it all up smoothly, installing the USB driver and program I did a test cut with OK results. I figured I just needed a minor adjustment which I did to the blade and it cut well.

I then decided to cut something larger off of Sure Cuts A Lot just to see and noticed one of the metal rollers was very loud, almost seemed too loud and looking at it, it's very loose and binds when you spin it by hand. Is this normal?

I tried another test cut and get a very bad cut, the star it cuts is all chopped and the square is just almost non existant. I've rest everything, played with settings, even put in a new blade. I can't figure it out, I called tech support but was on hold too long. This isn't a very good first day with it but I'm hoping it can get sorted quickly.

Last cut I tried gave me a very angled cut and it wasn't well cut either, so I'm pretty stuck.

So the rundown:

-Left side (viewing from front) metal roller is very loose/makes a lot of noise when running. A lot of noise.

-Images cut irradically and don't even connect.

-Cutting a single word from Sure Cuts A Lot gives me a cut at an angle and still not smooth cutting, even with the speed turned down quite a bit.

Any input GREATLY appreciated.

The rollers are held in place with Allen screws and it sounds like 1 came loose and is hitting on the way around. Slice & Dice did a write up about this issue, I think.

Damn, 3 of the same answer in 2 minutes time, must be a record.

well know problem Jay - at least it is an easy fix- now if we could only get the chinese workers to put a little more umpfff into the tightening of the screws

well know problem Jay - at least it is an easy fix- now if we could only get the chinese workers to put a little more umpfff into the tightening of the screws

those little kids don't have much strength yet.  Adults may not either..

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, I tightened all the allen screws but what appears to be happening is the very end where the roller goes into the casing seems to be loose, almost like something is broken allowing the roller to move around,

Talk right now to USCUTTER tech support, make them aware of the problem.

You don't want to be messing around with dismantling and repairing that machine on your own. Since it's under warranty, let them advise you on what steps to take.

Well I actually got it working smoothly, huge difference, the only problem now is when I cut, it trails across the image and puts horizontal lines in the image I'm cutting. I've adjusted the blade and the settings on the cutter itself, I can't seem to find anything that works. Any ideas?

If I keep having issues I'll call tech support and see what they can do.

your best bet is to call tech support and get it all knocked out at once, over asking so multiple questions before your even going correctly. Not that people arent more then willing to help but having multiple issues out of the box, be it equipment, image or user error, I believe tech support is the best option to get you a good base set up working. The as problems arise or just general questions, hit the forum.

If you didn't do it, you must activate the Sure Cuts A Lot software.  Or it will cut lines in your image.as I have read on here from people who use Sure Cuts Alot.

Hmmm I haven't yet, I'll try that.

Yeah I'll call customer service in the morning just to mention the issues I had/have and see what they say.

Thanks you all for the help!

those little kids don't have much strength yet.  Adults may not either..

the adults don't have any strength either because of the lead poisoning from the toys as kids

• Like 2

Yes it's grounded.

I registered the software and it doesn't put lines it the cuts now.

The issue NOW is it won't cut smoothly, I opened a case with customer supoort, it seems like the blade cartridge sits a little crooked, not sure if that will cause it or not. Straight cut fonts for example IMPACT font cuts well, but anything with smooth curves gets messed up. It will do it, but it's not smooth by any means:

9719053124_079f3fe321_c.jpg

• Like 1

Make sure you don't have too much blade exposed,  You should set your blade like this below. .   Blade holder should be firmly held in place. Also, make sure the carriage head wheels are firmly in the track.  The white wheels.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

I did try that, still no luck.

It looks to me like the blade holder is slightly crooked, I don't know if this would cause this? Here's a photo. I've tried looseing it a tad, tightening it as tight as I can, it just looks crooked to me, when loosened a little it seems to sit more level but when you tighten the nut it slightly pivots:

9719188034_0964a08ab2_z.jpg

It's a little hard to see, sorry.

• Like 1

I brightened the image a tad...notice how the two pieces of the holder don't meet flush?

I did contact tech support, waiting on a reply, sent a few photos as well.

9719208280_1d06027b1b_c.jpg

• Like 1

since you said you tightened it as tight as you could, if you might have tweaked something on accident. Mine is just snug when i swap holders. Playing with plastic parts, you dont want to be over tightening anything

Yeah I shouldn't have said that, I didn't torque it down or anything, just as tight as I imagined to be safe for that plastic.

Ive never had any problem getting someone on the phone in just a couple minutes at USCutter. For both sales and tech.