busterbay

Newbie Cutting Issued Help Needed

After reading that info Mine dont do that. What mine does is it leaves a little spot like the node has to be edited but the nodes are good. When weeding it likes to hang up every now and then.

Gosh I started something... heck same things happens on another forum I frequent.

OK I adjusted the blade & pressure - didn't cut a thing

Adjusted blade back out  still low pressure - didn't cut a thing

USCutter recommends 100g set it to that put blade back to starting position and it cut with tags

Adjusted offset - Ahhh now we has less tags

Adjusted Overcut ( Sure Cuts A Lot 3 ) has this option - less tags

Adjusted Overcut again - even less tags

Adjusted offset one more time and BINGO..

I will do a more complicated item tomorrow.

Thanks for all the suggestions !!!

It appears it was the overcut & offset

• Like 1

Thanks for link Monkey, I had the jaggies and have been cutting at 100 to 200 speed. Did a 10x10 x and it was perfect.

just make sure your offset is adjusted correctly or you will get rounded squares or little fins on the corners

just make sure your offset is adjusted correctly or you will get rounded squares or little fins on the corners

I will make some squares and block letters tomorrow and test.

The new Sculpt has overcut if your machine is supported found that on their website.

Image4.jpg

nice new addition . . . they had better be careful on some of the stuff that is copywrited to other companies - they may end up like they did with cricut.  Lawsuit almost did them in till the usc rescue

What should the offset setting be for the SC cutter in signblazer.. Not sure on this. My cuts are pretty clean except for real tight corners.

Cricut has a nice racket going... I don't know anything about the lawsuit but Cricut has some of the burden to bear for leaving their system vulnerable. 

I believe Cricut saw it differently, more like hacked.

I believe Cricut saw it differently, more like hacked.

Appears so... If I were Cricut  I would have done the same. However if I were Craft Edge I also would have done the same also. I think this forum will be fun once I learn how not to cut vinyl the way I am currently doing it.  :huh:

• Like 1

Things can get interesting around here and usually end up way off topic but if there is an answer to be found this is the place to find it.

• Like 1

What should the offset setting be for the SC cutter in signblazer.. Not sure on this. My cuts are pretty clean except for real tight corners.
offset depends on the blade and can even change as a blade wears
  • Like 1

I will make some squares and block letters tomorrow and test.

The new Sculpt has overcut if your machine is supported found that on their website.

Image4.jpg

Few things I found to make SCALP run smoother was

take it off "Auto" and select right port based on what your device manager says its on

Change cut mode from what you see is what you get to origin

Thanks, Monkey I will give that a try. Last night I put in a 60 degree blade and it cut the very detailed items without issue.