Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

Looking at buying the SC

We are looking at buying an SC, do any of you have one ?

How reliable is it ?

How detailed can it cut ?

Our use would be hobby / craft sales. 

more detailed and reliable than an MH and not as much as a graphtec or roland

use the search box and look up this model for comments from owners

Thanks darkotagrafx that didn't pull any results. Maybe I did something wrong ?

make sure the box in the search says forum and not this topic = you will find a lot on the sc cutter

make sure the box in the search says forum and not this topic = you will find a lot on the sc cutter

Yeah that really didn't help it pulled up USCutter MH etc..... I looked at about 25 posts and none of them had info about the SC models 

What I would like to know is the SC worth the extra $100 and will it cut fine detail or is it limited to 2" and larger letters?  Is it accurate ?

any cutter should get you down to 1" or less in accuracy - you might end up with little uncut tabs on any of the value cutters - taking your time to set it up right should minimize that.  I definately would go sc over mh anyday

Thanks dakotagrafx. This is a start to get our feet wet, if it pans out I would buy a better unit. 

That is what most of us did - I started with a p-cut and moved up in a few months - just put a little back from each job - you will love it when you do get to move up life is so much easier

From what I've been reading on here the SC is a competent budget machine for starting out. I've owned 6 cutters know and the only one I was ever really unhappy with was the MH series. All the rest have some quirks but nothing that can't be overcome with experience.

I have the SC and it is a great starter for anyone on a budget. I will say that after 3months I am drooling for a Graphtec as I want more fine detail. I have more then made my investment back on my SC tho.

Buster bay i jusy bought the 24" SC cutter about a month ago. So far so good. It is easy to setup and operate. It has a little noise to it but not to bad. For the money i spent i could not go wrong

• Like 1

I have the SC and it is a great starter for anyone on a budget. I will say that after 3months I am drooling for a Graphtec as I want more fine detail. I have more then made my investment back on my SC tho.

there is a killer deal on a graphtec ce3000-60 on ebay right now - the market has plumetted on good used cutters this year - the market is just over saturated - not sure why they are going so low for the high end cutters.

on the other hand there are ones like this everyday on cl  LOL  snort snort  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiki-34-LCD-Sign-Sticker-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-Vectors-Hp-DV6-Laptop-Tablet-/221263923283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33845b8853

I have the SC, love it I am cutting 1/4 letters without issue. Once you get it dialed in, you'll be happy with the results.

I bought the 34 but haven't cut anything bigger then 12 in, so I can't speak on tracking. It's a good machine I like it.

I have the SC, love it I am cutting 1/4 letters without issue. Once you get it dialed in, you'll be happy with the results.

I bought the 34 but haven't cut anything bigger then 12 in, so I can't speak on tracking. It's a good machine I like it.

Do you have any pics of items you have cut ? I am looking at the 25" myself

I have an SC and its well capable of cutting some small stuff. Its paid itself off a few times

20130114_150810_zpsb8f4d86d.jpg

• Like 1

I have an SC and its well capable of cutting some small stuff. Its paid itself off a few times

Nice Monkey !That's what I was looking for, I think that post may have sold me on the SC.  B)

Nice Monkey !That's what I was looking for, I think that post may have sold me on the SC.  B)

get it with the flexi starter option so you have the ability to add to the overcut - this will eliminage the hanging tags like so many have had - overcut in flexi starter lets you tell the machine to go just a little bit further to cut those areas

get it with the flexi starter option so you have the ability to add to the overcut - this will eliminage the hanging tags like so many have had - overcut in flexi starter lets you tell the machine to go just a little bit further to cut those areas

I don't see that option on the website.

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-SC-Series-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software

maybe I am over looking it ?

I don't see that option on the website.

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-SC-Series-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software

maybe I am over looking it ?

you are correct - and looking around tonight I am not finding it for the 150 or less it was selling for just a few weeks ago - not good.

I picked up a new FlexiStarter 10 for $41 shipped from the big auction site. Just have to keep an eye out

So the graphic you cut couldn't be done "Sure Cuts A Lot Pro" that's shipped with the unit ?

What version of corel draw? There is a plugin for the newer corel draw's to go straight to scalp.

So the graphic you cut couldn't be done "Sure Cuts A Lot Pro" that's shipped with the unit ?

That one was cut from SCALP. I recently picked up FlexiStarter 10. SCALP doesnt like a lot of files and refuses to open them.

I also Use CorelDraw x6 and the plugin Jay is referring to works really well for most images

I have Corel Paint 4x installed and I have draw 6x but I haven't installed it I am waiting to get a new laptop.