Sign in to follow this  
bigshotpromos

Newbie with contour cutting. Registration marks problem

Hello

I have never contour cut any images before. I have figured out pretty much how to do it, but when I go to print+cut for the first time, it tells me to print the image first. So I click print and the "print registration marks" box is checked. I click print again and a screen pops up and says some of the registration marks are outside the printing boundaries. This is driving me crazy. How do I see where the registration marks are? Or how do I set them up? I cant find anything in the software about this problem. I'm sure this is a simple question, but forgive me because I have never used this feature before. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Dont you just love how people barely ever post solutions to the problems they post about when they figure it out themselves

• Like 2

2 post count. Truly an in and out member. That's OK keep your secret and I'll just go play in my sandbox where I don't have to share either.

• Like 1

I was getting that same message all you have to do is resize the image in scalp till it fits in size the reg. on a mac it dont show the marks till you print it. but I start the top of the image at 1 and the side I keep it under 8.

so the design is

10H

7 1/2 W

I also think its best to use 11x17 paper or get a roll cause you have to get a cutting mat if you use a 8 1/2x 11. they need to make a video for scalp on how to do contour cutting. I also click on view on the cutter menu and check view outline outlines only. still learning.

The registration marks were outside of the print margin. So the printer could not get that close to the edge of the paper. The graphic was too big. you can click the show print margin button to make sure you don't do this when you are designing.