Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Flexi 10 Starter

As I go along Im starting to get headaches with SCALP doing certain things and Im looking to move into something else. Ive been looking at Flexi for some time now and am considering Flexi 10 Starter. Problem I am having is finding a table that shows the difference between starter and the other versions. Like where it has check marks on whats in which version.

It seems there is quite a few people on there using Starter with success. I have a lot of irons in the fire so Starter is about all Im going to be able to afford for awhile. I already have Photoshop CS, AI CS2 and CorelDraw x6. Will Flexi Starter be a good compliment to those programs for me?

I use Flexi starter 10 along with corel x3 and I'm very happy after coming off scalp for cutting. Design wise starter is very limited but on the cutting side it does  way more than scalp. Any particulars you want to know?

• Like 1

Flexi's design portion appears to be designed by corel, I wouldnt be surprised if they didn't licence that part from corel. So if you have corel x6 I would design in that and cut with flexi starter

• Like 1

Was curious about vectoring because that is an area Im having troubles with in SCALP. It decides what vectors it will import and not import which has been causing me headaches. But if Flexi can work off CorelDraw that would be what Im after. Thank you guys

and Mz Skeeter, thank you so much for the link, that had most of the info I was after.

Your welcome,  Flexistarter does not vector./trace..

Flexistarter 10 can be had for under $130 on big auction site.

Keep watching Ebay for Flexidesigner. cheap.  It is Flexisignpro without the drivers.  But I already have Flexistarter for cutting.

I was lucky enough to see a Buy It now for $120 last year.  3AM, it was MINE!!!  Cheaper than Flexistarter, and it was legal with the dongle.

That software is awesome..

• Like 1

Monkey I export everything as eps to flexi but I have noticed that if I don't convert text to curves first that occasionally strange things will happen when I open in flexi. Have also exported as pdf and opened in flexi no problem

Yeah that is what I need. SCALP is being real picky on what eps files it will import and even some jpg. Ive had it crash multiple times using trace to bring in a jpg

I may be wrong but I don't think you can trace in starter. 

I've started doing more of my trace work in corel and after learning some of the different settings I am getting comparable results to scalp on most things.

Well grabbed myself a new copy of Flexi Starter 10 with dongle for $41 shipped off the big auction site. Hopefully this alleviates some recent headaches coming from SCALP. It was good for awhile but just not cutting it now (pun kinda intended :huh: ). Tonight I fought SCALP like I was trying to win a Heavyweight title or something, just trying to cut a large design. So hopefully this will be better.