AtomicAce727

Help for Pricing Store Hours for a Door

I need some help/advice on pricing for a basic store hour sign approximately 12" x 12" using Oracal 651 white vinyl and a basic font.

It will look something like this:

Hours

M-F 8:00-6:00

SAT - 8:00-1:00

Emergency 555-555-5555

What would you charge for just the sign?  How much for the sign and installation? 

Any help is appreciated as I am new to this, thanks!

Cash & carry $12. Installed would depend on distance from shop and time spent cleaning old crap if any off the window

Cash & carry $12. Installed would depend on distance from shop and time spent cleaning old crap if any off the window

Did you just use the formula "length + width / 2" to get your price? 

The location is probably about 5 miles/15-20 minutes away and the window shouldn't need much cleaning so only a few minutes.  How much extra would you add for installation in that case?

Thanks for the help.  It is much appreciated.

It all depends on what your time is worth to yourself.  For instance, is this a new customer?  Could you possibly get more work from them?  I would probably (since I am in a good mood today)  Just charge a flat 15 bucks and hey, I will even install for free.

• Like 1

Dollar an inch, 12" = $12 and based on experience I adjust accordingly. If the job is out of your way figure 1 hour of your time 20 there, 20 install, 20 back. For me if they were decent people to deal with I'd just shoot over when I had a free chance and tell them the first install is on the house, however if they are the type that you really don't want to deal with charge them the full hour at whatever your time is worth (usually $30 an hour here). Most important is business is to use your own judgement in these cases.

Dollar an inch, 12" = $12 and based on experience I adjust accordingly. If the job is out of your way figure 1 hour of your time 20 there, 20 install, 20 back. For me if they were decent people to deal with I'd just shoot over when I had a free chance and tell them the first install is on the house, however if they are the type that you really don't want to deal with charge them the full hour at whatever your time is worth (usually $30 an hour here). Most important is business is to use your own judgement in these cases.

Just curious, but what would the charge be if you had a single lie text at 3" tall and 40" long?:huh: No install, just made from 651 vinyl. Thanks

$20. That's where personal judgment comes into play.

The reason I use the dollar an inch is because it is easier for the customer to relate to.

I recently had a prospective client request basic white door lettering, around 24" x24" ---  she allowed me to see the quote that had been provided from a local competitor sign maker, and he was at $175 installed.

I offered to do it for $100.

I haven't maybe the jump really to lettering as of yet, but I'm learning and I'm almost ready thanks to this forum.

Thanks guys.

All of the above post just go to show how much pricing varies from area to area. Many factors go into pricing in a particular region such as cost of rent, Insurance, average labor rate, amount of competition, even gas prices (I just paid $3.11 a gallon last night) I don't think any of us are wrong w/ our pricing but remember those prices are regional.

• Like 1

Jay - yesterday I paid 3.84 for gas here - when we went on the cruise it was cheaper everwhere else we went - reports were we was more expensive than everywhere else except hawaii - we usually don't top california so I was surprised

Things like that have a big impact on regional pricing of products. If I had to pay that my prices would need to be adjusted accordingly, same with our electric rates being lower than most other places.

Thanks for all the input.  Some of the posts confirmed what I was thinking and I now feel more comfortable with pricing basic stuff at least.