Sign in to follow this  
WHIT72

Greenstar

So I have tons of this vinyl that came with my cutter.

What should I use it for?

I use oracle for actual signs.

Will it last long enough, to use as wall art?

I've never even tried it is it durable for any business application?

Thanks

Greenstar vinyl is perfect for practicing on...  ;D   Seriously, if you want to learn how to do multi-color layering, you can practice with your Greenstar at no cost to you.

It is ok for indoor use, but not for wall art.  You really need a speciality vinyl like Oracal 631 for wall art, and most people want the matte finish for wall art, too.   The adhesive on wall art vinyl won't (usually) take the paint and plaster off the wall when you remove it - normal vinyl doesn't release like 631 and will damage/destroy paint & plaster surfaces

As far as indoor use, you can use it for indoor signs and decals and it should be fine.  I've got EnduraGloss lettering on an internal glass door that has been there for 19 months and still looks as good as new - EnduraGloss that I used outdoors is brittle, cracking and shrinking.  EnduraGloss is SignWarehouse's house brand, similar to Greenstar.

Ive been using to tape up boxes when I ship stuff.

• Like 3

Yeah I think Im going to use it indoors. 

I'm not to the point yet that I will use it as shipping tape, Jay

sell it on ebay to someone that doesn't know better, no don't that would be cruel

Not sure it was the best packing tape anyways, it kept tearing while I was wrapping the box.

I have done hundreds of coroplast and banners with Greenstar....mostly outdoor but short term. Never a complaint or return.My nephew uses banners in his concession business that are in their 4th season and still look fine. In the case of banners....greenstar vinyl will probably last as long ,or longer,than the banner itself.

Not sure it was the best packing tape anyways, it kept tearing while I was wrapping the box.

I've never had any vinyl tear as badly as Oracal cast.

I can't argue with that except oracal reflective, tears if you look at it wrong.

I currently use the Greenstar for golf sponsor signs. Short term use so it has been perfect.

I have done hundreds of coroplast and banners with Greenstar....mostly outdoor but short term. Never a complaint or return.My nephew uses banners in his concession business that are in their 4th season and still look fine. In the case of banners....greenstar vinyl will probably last as long ,or longer,than the banner itself.

Thanks John, I might give it a shot on some inside jobs and banners.