wickidinspurs

High Tack vs. Medium Tack?

Hey there,

So I am JUST starting out and was going to buy a starter kit from UsCutters. I was looking at GreenStar Intermediate Calendered Vinyl 12" x 5 Yard Roll Starter Pack, 3mil. Now I am not sure about what Vinyl really does what an I was hoping someone can share a helpful link for me to be introduced to all the different kinds? I am looking to do wall decals and maybe a few car decals as well. I have a 24in Pcut CT630. Would I be safe buying this starter pack? I watched an online video from My Vinyl Designer on youtube and she said to use High Tack for the Vinyl because it lifts it better. She mentioned that its better for Matte Vinyl? But I was wondering if it would be too sticky and if I should just keep with a medium tack for what I am wanting to do. Anything helpful would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys(gals)

Thank you very much. I was looking at that earlier but saw the other one with all of the other colors and liked more of that variety. But I will start with that if it is what you reccomend. As far as for Car decals can I put that on it as well or do I need different vinyl and transfer tape for it specifically? I am guessing that this stuff is for indoor use as opposed to outdoor stuff.

Would you happen to know where to get cheap Squeegees

You need outdoor vinyl for vehicles.   Oracal 651, 751, 951,,   

And paper transfer tape is best.

Squeegees are at USCutter.com  or   Ebay. 

You can purchase what ever packs you want to chose, or single rolls of any vinyl in different sizes.  Look thru their selection.

Total shipping is $9.00 for everything at USCUTTER.com  

Quote "Would you happen to know where to get cheap Squeegees"

Go to Dollar store... buy a teflon spatula...  remove handle.... ;D

I use the Oracal 631 with the Oracal HT55 transfer paper for all of our indoor decals... and then the Oracal 651 for my outdoor, and most often I use clear transfer tape with the 651, unless it's something I'm going to wet install, then I use a paper tape.  The clear vs paper tape will be a personal preference.  Some swear by paper tape, and some swear by the clear.

Oh, and as far as squeegees, I bought a pack from USCutter with one of my orders, but unless you plan on giving them away with your orders, or selling them...  I wouldn't think you would need more than a couple.

Okay thank you so much for the information. Just wanted to double check before ordering anything. I have bought wall decals from a few different gals on facebook and they have always included one with my order. Does anyone else do that? I have my wholesale license is there a place that has some cheaper that I can buy in bulk once I get my business started? I do like the dollar tree idea :) The cheap part of me is always looking for a bargain.

ang - also if the dog gets them you go thru a few - teeth marks really mess up an edge

I included a few with the large order we did for the tree service, I knew 3 people would be working on applying the decals, so I threw 3 squeegees in with the order, but I generally don't include one with normal orders.

Haha, yes Dakota, I imagine that would do it!!