Sign in to follow this  
tgbvinyl

How do you store supplies...

I run out of my house, I'll say it I live with my parents and run out of my bedroom (don't judge I'm 22 and work full time and do vinyl, I can move out just staying home helping parents ;D ), so I was wondering he best way to store all my supplies! Any suggestions would be helpful 

Many people operate from their homes with their vinyl cutters.

It is a very good way to earn money to pay bills. Your parents are probably glad to see you doing it.

To store things out of the way in a small space, try to utilize the UNDER and OVER areas.

In other words, shelving up high and plastic storage boxes below a table, below the bed.

I use risers to provide room under my work table for coroplast blanks & stakes (I buy them in cases of 100) and I like the table at a more comfortable height so I am not required to bend down when weeding or applying to substrates.

Bed-Risers-MP08054-.jpg

Under anything I can or closets. I keep vinyl in boxes that's until I builds he cabinets and install slat wall.

I have all my vinyl in the boxoes they come in right now, same with application tape. I guess its the best way to store for now! 

I have the bed risers to raise up tables for more storage and to add height on the work tables. I also have 2 of these on the wall. They work as intended with no hassles.

• Like 1

TGB..........

Apple computers started in a Garage...... 

;D

TGB..........

Apple computers started in a Garage...... 

;D

It wasn't just ANY garage, it was Steve Job's parent's garage (when he and Wozniak outgrew Job's bedroom)

• Like 1

You can really make something out of running your own business but it is all up to you and what you put into it.

I agree with promise on the wall racks. I don't have any but plan on getting some soon. Currently I have most of my vinyl rolls standing on end on my computer desk. I was constantly pulling them out of the box to remember what colors I had and to compare them to customer samples. 

It wasn't just ANY garage, it was Steve Job's parent's garage (when he and Wozniak outgrew Job's bedroom)

I rembember the first big Apple commerical during a superbowl game

• Like 1

I have four sets of stand-alone plastic shelving, each being four shelves (56") tall.   Those are stocked with glassware and various dye-sublimation blanks, t-shirts, etc., plus all of the documentation and manuals that came with my equipment, plus a box of CDs of software and clipart.  I need to buy some shelf brackets and boards and add additional shelving up above the standing shelves as I've run out of room to add any more shelves that sit on the floor...

I have two 8' plastic folding banquet tables that I use for my work space, on top of which you'll find my laptop, monitor, dye sub printer, stack of bagged dye sub transfer paper, all of my application tape, weeding tools, rulers, etc.

I have a 4' round card table in the corner that holds my vinyl scrap pile.  There a couple of small boxes underneath that hold miscellaneous items like rolls of paper towels, etc.

My rolls of vinyl are stored in boxes, standing on end until such time as I get around to upgrading one of those fancy floor racks.  I keep hoping to find an alternative that will be easier to transport to shows.

Today I purchased a 2'x3' folding table to hold my hat press, and there is enough room left at the back to hold a storage box - I'll probably keep rhinestone supplies in there.

Underneath one of the 8' tables are boxes containing button supplies, additional dye-sub blanks, and two plastic milk crates that I keep my button making equipment in when not in use.  I have a folding 2-wheel dolly that is the perfect size to move the two milk crates in and out of most venues.

The Geo Knight heat press is downstairs in the pantry - it's too damn heavy to try and haul upstairs, plus it's the only room in the house that I have personally verified to be all modern wiring and outlets and the only place I feel safe plugging in an 1800W appliance.

I forgot to mention that I am in a small building. When I do banners and large pieces I cut them out and take them home to assemble on my large kitchen table. Kind of a pain but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I am planning on buying a plastic folding table or making a fold down work space so I can do the larger pieces at work but not be completely cramped. 

Ted...

How about cutting a piece of the roll in the box.....  glue it to the top of the box where it is visible to you.
Then print up a small piece which lists the part number, the cost,  the type of material, and your selling price per inch...

Maybe even a place to note how much is left so you know when to reorder

That should relieve you from having to open the boxes...

Ha, yeah you are correct. I'll put it on the list of stuff I want to do ha ha. For some of the colors I use all the time I just leave them out but yes I like this idea a lot.

ah yes..... to ol' to do list.... I won't get to everything on my list in my lifetime!  

• Like 1