Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Ferris

I know a guy who runs a carnival, he wants to put up notice signs about the dates of his amusement fair, and asked for a ferris wheel graphic.

I know that a ferris wheel is a PITA to weed, with the intricate structure of the frame, so I've invented/created one that seems a bit easier to deal with (although it's going to be three-colors).

Anyone have feedback/suggestions on this?

post-21408-0-20298100-1371610996_thumb.j

Depending upon the number of signs you have to produce, it may be worth your while to

connect that red inner star pattern to the red outer scallops it would save some weeding.

Same goes for the yellows on either side of the red scallop.

I like it. It's got a childlike carnival feel to it. Got my vote

Depending upon the number of signs you have to produce, it may be worth your while to

connect that red inner star pattern to the red outer scallops it would save some weeding.

Same goes for the yellows on either side of the red scallop.

Not sure I understand what you're saying ----  by leaving them unconnected, then I can pop the entire thing apart in one swoop around. In fact, I was actually going to leave more room between the scallops and the circle, for that very reason.

If I connect them, I'll have to go into each spoke and pick out the segments, and pick out the scallops too.

What am I missing here?

BTW, the .eps provided by mx377 was interesting, but not eye-catching enough for this guy.

Currently, he's PRINTING his notice signs, and I offered to do them with a vinyl cutter, so I cannot give him something too dull.

This ferris I have made seems kinda cool, and says "FUN" 

(thanks for the encouragement, jaybird, that was the feel I was shooting for)

Not a fan of the "carriages" themselves... a little too plain, IMO.  The rest looks good.

Not a fan of the "carriages" themselves... a little too plain, IMO.  The rest looks good.

I agree, something just doesn't look right.  For one, they are not all lined up the same.... the outside left and right for one are off.... might want to think about those a little bit but I do like the yellow and red.

Gotcha, Slice... I was looking at it 'backwards'. Must be my bedtime.

So, other than the small pieces to weed here & there, looks like you've got it pretty efficient.

Yeah, re-re-read my other post... that's it for me for today.

That's not a bad job to layup but print would be cheaper. Guess it depends on how many and whether you've got time or not.

He wants about 20 a week, I can handle it with my SC cutter.

I have the time.

This is what I do, turning vinyl into cash.

I feel a bit like Rumplestiltskin.

Some people think anything more than 1 color should be printed, I tend to like the look and durability of cut vinyl. That and I don't own a printer...

• Like 1

I thought this thread was going to be related to Ferris Bueller

MV5BMTg2MTUxODY4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ5

Are you still here?  Go home.... It's over...