Sign in to follow this  
TT57

todays projects

a shirt for my husband and a cutting board for my sister in laws birthday. I don't ever show since my stuff is so amateur but I like these.

post-36131-0-94393000-1371363085_thumb.j

post-36131-0-81478900-1371363124_thumb.j

I like that cutting board.  Is the texture on top or bottom.... and, I assume the vinyl is on bottom?

texture is on top. Smooth bottom. and - thanks. gonna go get more for other gifts. got them at walmart @about $6 -$7. I don't remember for sure price .

I like the cutting board, it's good to see people "thinking outside of the box" and finding new ways to make use of cut vinyl.  I've seen glass cutting boards done with dye sublimation and never even would have thought of putting vinyl on one...

I think they look great, never say amature say early professional. I'm curious why you didn't apply the vinyl on the back? Is is a more decorative piece instead of a tool in the kitchen?

I just wonder how the vinyl will stand up to a dishwasher, and/or cleaning chemicals. Oh, I happen to like the idea! It looks great, to me!!!

I'm thinking the vinyl might hold up to washing in the sink dish soap isn't as bad as a car wash. Now the only thing I can think of that would damage it, is the heat?

I've sold coffee mugs with vinyl on them and they've been through the dishwasher and they told me they held up fine. Now that I sublimate I just go that route.

I think someone should jump in the dishwasher and ride it out for a cycle so we can get an inside appreciation of what goes on in there.... then we will also know what the vinyl would be subjected to.  Please feel free to post your individual results here.....  :lol:

I think they look great, never say amature say early professional. I'm curious why you didn't apply the vinyl on the back? Is is a more decorative piece instead of a tool in the kitchen?

I did apply to the back, which is smooth.  OF course it has to be a reverse cut to do so. OK, early Pro. Thanks. It will be usable. Washing by hand is recommended but I have done tumblers and put them in the dishwasher so it will hold up for a few times in there anyway. I have not had any come off yet. I figure if it comes off I will just make another one.