Sign in to follow this  
TimnAng

First of our order...

Well, we have everything cut for our order, and we began assembly this evening.  I was a little nervous, as we were attempting wet application for the first time, to apply the different color layers.  Thank God for all of you who've shared so much information along the way.  All of the reading and research I've done, really paid off!  It went off without a hitch, and I was truly amazed at how much easier it was to layer using this method.  And if the ease was not enough, not a single air bubble!

So thank you, thank you, thank you, to each and every one of you!   :wub:

post-37278-0-13222400-1371358849_thumb.j

I used registration marks, just for the tree trunk, to make sure it was lined up where I wanted it.  Each tree top was layered free hand.  With the give that the wet application allows, it worked out perfectly!

I will say, I'm not a fan of the paper tape, I find it much more difficult to apply without wrinkling.  However, because it allows me to use the wet application, it's well worth the aggravation!  Hopefully the more I use it, the less I'll come to dislike it.

The wrinkling is just lack of experience. It takes a little time to get proficient with it and I think that's why so many new people turn to plastic tape.

Looks great. Never thought about wet application while doing layering. would have made the 20" 2 color hood decal I did a lot easier to layer lol.