jbthrock21

Text in shapes

i want to have a shape and put text inside of it. When i cut it out i only want my machine to cut the shape and then cut the letters out of the inside of the shape. So for example i will have a square box with a word inside of it. When it cuts it should be a box with the letters cut out using the same piece of vinyl. Can this be down in signblazer?

Use the " combine " feature .

isn't that what happens anyway?  when you send to cutter, it will cut the box and text..... you just weed out the letters. 

Just choose the two colors using the CONTROL key when in the cutting manager (shape is one color, font is another)

By the way, this is called a "reverse" (where you pick the letters out, leaving the background intact).

Just choose the two colors using the CONTROL key when in the cutting manager (shape is one color, font is another)

By the way, this is called a "reverse" (where you pick the letters out, leaving the background intact).

LOL, I guess that was an important part to mention.... selecting both colors.  I am sure that is the information they were after.   ;D

If you dont care about alignment etc . Once you combine it , it is locked  which can also be done by " grouping " . If you don't do 1 or the other , it will not stay aligned when uaing the align to tool as in getting ready to cut it on the edge of the vinyl ( bottom left ) instead of in the middle of the workspace .

Using signblazer it stays aligned for me.  I make a box, add text, select the box and text then go to align to center it up.  Then go to cut, select both colors and cut.  Don't get me wrong I do use combine as needed but it is a step I leave out on occasion as well.

Gee Whiz .... Thanks , i had not noticed i was geting close . Obviously I have too much spare time :) . If the text is not center of the shape , it does not stay the same when I align to center of workspace , or to lower left of workspace for cutting .

Hmmm . the PINK stuff is not gonna help with Bear ,  or Chuck or Stetty if they ever show back up :) . They have the illusion I have a PINK thing going on ...

I know I wasn't your first, probably won't be your last.... but at least I know I was your 6000th...... so I got that going for me   ;D

• Like 1

Hilarious !!! :thumbsup: ... I don't think that will help with anything , but I hope it does . What is the old adage ... " That and $1 will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's " when coffe is $1 at McD's :) ?? Seems it was a quarter & something , but the prices of things are so extreme to when I 1rst heard that saying , not much compares .

Congrats Rodger on both your 6000th and your nice PINK cake :lol:>:D:angel::bear:

Hmmm, after 6000, can you still remeber your first??? :lol::blink::bear:

Hey Bear , I knew I could count on you and would sooner or later get that from you , when I seen the PINK cake . I don't think Slice knows about the fun we had with Ash , Stetty , Roxy etc ... but it is strange for a PINK cake to be used !!! I am " almost " glad Ash & Stetty are not around , I would really be taking a beating on this :) .

I don't remember the 1rst post ... It is hard to remember many things , especially trivial things ... there are only a couple things that I remember the 1rst time :)