Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

3M samples are great.

A wee or so ago I received samples from 3M, initially I received a UPS envelope, with two 8.5x11" sheets of vinyl and letterhead thanking me for requesting them. Thinking alright this is great I can atleast test them out and see how I like it. However I didn't get to doing it. Then I was leaving for a demo day event and the UPS guy stopped and started to come up the driveway. I was thinking to myself what was being delivered, then I saw the 3M logo on the box oh how I smiled and yet pondered what they sent me, I didn't order anything and I got my samples.i opened the box quickly due to I had toget to the demo day event but when I opened the box and saw what was inside I was really excited. They sent me a 54" x 5yd roll of one of the vinyls I wanted to test. Lets just say right then and there I became a 3M customer. So that day I picked up some 3M vinyl at the vinyl shop. I give 3M 5 stars out of 5.

• Like 2

both great companies - I have been burning thru media and ink at a point I though I would be slowing down before the vacation - may have to order more media yet for the rolls I just got in . . . .almost hate to go but I am sure I will get over that when i am away LOL

Ha, I just responded to your other post about Avery samples and talked about how much I like the 3M samples. I second that, the 3M samples and Orajet (from Dakota) are awesome. 

How can I get the samples. Imnew to vinyl cutting and wanna sample them

3M emailed me asking what type of printer I had and what applications I was doing, size of machine, etc., etc. I emailed back that I have a cutter not a printer, so we'll see what they send me. But the rep in L.A. says samples are coming.... :lol:

All I got from 3M is 10 sheet of 8X10. I'd like to know how a bigger area is (IE: thick spots, thin spots, weeding larger decals). An 8X10 sheet is hard to get any image size to speak of due to running out of grip and the sheet hitting the floor. LOL

All I got from 3M is 10 sheet of 8X10. I'd like to know how a bigger area is (IE: thick spots, thin spots, weeding larger decals). An 8X10 sheet is hard to get any image size to speak of due to running out of grip and the sheet hitting the floor. LOL

I have got both rolls and the 8 x 10 - the last material came as 8x10 -- try feeding that in you wide format printer LOL  I guesss they didn't want me to try that one - so back to orajet