For those of you who work your business out of your homes... Do you all have pets?  I have 2 dogs, and they both shed like crazy!  I'm forever getting pieces of dog hair stuck in between the decal and transfer tape.   :angry:   Just wondering what you all do to avoid this?  When the project is for friends or family, I don't worry about it too much- but when it's for a customer, it makes me crazy!!  

I feel your pain on this even though I have the store the dog hair always seems to make it to the store form my mutts jumping on me when I leave. 4 dogs and 1 is a long hair so no matter what hair turns up everywhere. I just use a feather duster right before the app. tape goes on.

Jay

I fully understand - printers HATE hair - 1 peice and you get drops and have to shut down to clean.

I keep a roll of paper towels and a bottle of RapidPrep on my work table and spray and wipe it clean every day before I start working and once or twice more as time goes by, but even with that it seems like little bits of dog hair, eye lashes, etc. keep showing up.   I think a lot of it is due to my using plastic tape as it seems to generate a static charge when peeled off the roll and I think that acts like a magnet and pulls the stuff right out of the air...

My two shedders:

Frito

post-24492-0-79650300-1368673034_thumb.j

Hannah

post-24492-0-10643100-1368673129_thumb.j

• Like 1

Too cute, wish mine were that small and calm. My biggest is 100 plus pounds of pure crazy.

Too cute, wish mine were that small and calm. 

Calm?  Calm?  Have you ever been around a rat terrier?  Imagine an 8 lb meth addict who hasn't slept in 4 days.

I had to buy one of those new ultra-high speed cameras from Japan to take a non-blurry picture...  How fast is that camera?  It can take a picture of my girlfriend with her mouth shut - it's that fast...

• Like 9

Mine hears the camera click and tries to eat it. Not hyper just insane.

Glad I'm not alone in my misery, I suppose.  I'm always telling the hubby to make sure there is no debri!  He doesn't look as closely as I do, and it bothers him less.  No complaints at this point, but we haven't had any large paying jobs until this bulk order.  I did all of the cutting & weeding, he's doing the transfer paper.  Maybe if I don't look at them too closely, I can believe they are perfectly hair free!   ;D

3 Bassets and a Lab. Yeah dog hair blows. None are "small", last time at vet 1 of my bassets weighed in at 66.6lbs

My uncle had a beagle who's belly would rub on shag carpet. He was more round than tall, so is my uncle now that I think about it.

I have a lab rottie mix, weighing in at 110lbs, and a lab border collie mix, right around 50lbs.  You'd think they'd weigh considerably less, when you account for the lb of hair they seem to leave behind, daily!

My 2 kids that were my helpers in weeding and assorting out the proper image ....Before going back to garage....

post-36467-0-82042600-1368757289_thumb.j

I have a year-old lab/short-hair pointer mix and a 7 yr old cat...  they both want to be out here with me when I'm working... I keep a roll of shop towel paper towels on every work table out here... and I use a swiffer duster when it's really bad.  Would't trade either of them for the world, but it does make it a pain to have to clean up hair every day...  :-\

I also have a black lab rottie mix.... uhggg, I hate the hair every where....... not just the work area but the whole house..... seems like all I do is vacuum, sweep and mop all the time only to find big hair balls every where.... WTF?  I swear there must be 10 dogs.  He must be throwing parties when I leave the house.

we have a lab, siamise, Birman, Siamese mutt, and a parakeet - with the grand pup that comes over several times a week to be watched

first pic it the true Dakota from Dakotagrafx

Second one is grandpup

Third is Brinkley the 120lb wonder lab

post-2742-0-86963100-1368769386_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-24209900-1368769464_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-48948000-1368769577_thumb.jp

Better shot of abbey (now lives with ruger the grandpup and my daughter because of her thiroid and special food), Dakota and Mushu we lost not that long ago.

Vinie the plump siamese mutt - vinnie is the only cat that doesn't run from Brinkley - The rest run from him - vinnie is his buddy - strange

post-2742-0-99146300-1368769827_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-96504200-1368770049_thumb.jp

Love the pet pics, they're all adorable.  Some even look like good helpers!  lol

I have two labs.  I do my vinyl work in a spare bedroom and I don't let the dogs in that room.  Jake is blowing his coat right now and the hair in the house is terrible!

original.jpg

They sell all kinds of stuff at the pet store to keep dogs from shedding so much. I use the liquid kind. Just put a little bit on their food a couple times a week. It works like magic and they have a nice thick coat. 

They sell all kinds of stuff at the pet store to keep your dogs from sheding so much. I use the liquid kind. Just put a little bit on their food a few times a week. It works like magic and the dogs have a nice thick coat.

haha I don't have any pics on the new pc yet.....

I reciently moved so no more room mates animals

but I have a few of my own...

just had2 put down my lab/husky/elk hound mix 100lbs.." taz " now her son "cannibal" 120. lab/husky/elk hound/shepard mix.

2 cats that weigh a bit , "boots" is 38lbs , "warpaint" is about 25lbs...

had a few more threw the years due to me not getting them fixed right away ...

ive reciently got into reptiles their awesome no hair no shitin on carpet ... way cheaper than feeding 120lb vacume

1 green iguana "optimous"  , 1 American toad "camo" , 1 leopard gecko "goliath" ...

were big with pets ...lol...