Sign in to follow this  
TimnAng

You would think...

So, you'd think that white, is white, is white... Who knew?!   (You all probably did, but I sure didn't!)   So, I just finished up a roll of FDC white vinyl, and moved on to my new roll of Oracal white.  I cut 12,  7x7 decals, and then realized that the whites aren't even the same white!  The FDC appears to be a "truer" white.  Of course all of these decals are going to the same place- I may have to start the order over, using all Oracal white.  Although with the transfer paper, you probably won't be able to notice the difference.  Darn It.

Personally, I'll take FDC over Oracal anytime. But that's just based on hundreds of rolls cut over 8 years

• Like 1

The oracle looks dingy white till you take it off the blue backer the seems a lot whiter. Don't know if that helps for your order though. We have a mix of oracle and avery white on the store and I can tell from a mile off but never had a customer say anything.

Maybe that's why it looks more dingy... I thought it looked "greyish" compared to the FDC, but the FDC is on white paper, not blue- this is the first experience I've had, using the Oracal white.

We've always been happy using the FDC vinyl, that's what we used before we found USCutter, and Oracal.  I like that the Oracal comes right to my door, instead of me having to go pick up the other.  L-A-Z-Y! 

The order is all individual decals, so I imagine nobody would notice, unless someone purchased more than one decal and somehow ended up with one of each.  

I cut pcs. To hang on pegboard and the white liner on certain brands make it hard for customers to see the graphic. My last roll withou the blue liner was 3m and it was miserable to work with.

Black is the same way.    Not all blacks are the same...  Oracal 651 BLACK gloss,  has a bit of a sparkle to it,  That is what I would call it.    

Black and white are the two colors that I "assumed" I could count on being the same, across the board!  Obviously I was wrong.  I'm looking forward to weeding this white, as opposed to the white on white background... 50 of those would have my head spinning, for sure!  Although it is an easy weed design, it still gets hard on the eyes, for sure.  

OK Y'all... Try and suppress the laughter Y'hear.....

So, I called USCutter...  asked for a roll of 24" White FDC.....  and they did not know what it was

Well....  neither did I......!!!!!

So...  somebody please tell me where I find FDC?? 
AND....  are there different versions of that..  ie: thickness  adhesive etc...

Thanks all

Ms Skeeter

Thanks... all I could do was chuckle when I was talking to USC....

Cuz I had no idea what I wanted except that folks in here advised
it was great stuff for high quality outdoor use.....

Haha.  Nice, Smokem!  I got my FDC from Wensco (you can order online, but I have a warehouse near me, so I was always able to just stop in after calling and pick up what I needed).  I haven't used them since I found USCutter- but it's nice to have a quick, same day option if I need it.